Can't access Ascendant features

robo40
robo40

Started a new campaign, upgraded to Ascendant, then gave GM to someone else. Now everything for the campaign says "Upgrade to Ascendant", but when I click on that it says that I'm already upgraded.

Can't access Forum, Adventure Log, or Characters. This is killing the new campaign mojo. Help! <thanks>

Comments

• ragnarhawk

Unless I am mistaken, the Ascendant features apply to the GM of the campaign.  If you are co-GM, then your Ascendant features apply.  Otherwise, I believe that your GM will need the Ascendant account.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

The Ascendant person must be the GM- you can promote someone to co-GM, but the Ascendant must be the GM to get the full benefits.

Just trying to help out.

• robo40
    robo40

If I'm co-GM, I will also be able to see GM secrets, correct?  That's kind of a bummer.  I can't really use Ascendancy in this case.

• ragnarhawk

Perhaps you could (as killervp suggested), get him to again promote you to GM, then make him co-GM until your Ascendant subscription is due to run out.  You can then gift him with an Ascendant subscription and again promote him to GM.  He can then remove you as co-GM, and you will be a normal player in an Ascendant campaign.

• Kallak
    Kallak

If you are still within the 15 day free trial on your subscription, you can cancel it with no charge as well.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • cgregory
    cgregory

What I did when I co-GM'd a campaign is I used an chrome addon called stylebot.

I created a GM secret and used stylebot to hide it. The CSS changes that you make to stylebot are persistant, so everytime you visit the site it keeps all GM secrets hidden.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

You could both get Ascendant...? Sounds like a pretty good Holiday gift to me ;-)