Do players have to be co-gms or gms in order to edit wiki pages?

itaigreif
itaigreif

I'm not sure which options control that; can anyone help me with this issue? I'd like to allow my players to edit the wiki. Do I need to promote them all to co-GM? And if I do, would that mean they automatically see all the secrets?

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

No, players can edit wiki pages without special permissions. They just need to be invited to the campaign. The only thing that they can't edit are characters and items assigned to a different player.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Kallak
    Kallak

With respects to secret/hidden things, the setup is as follows:

For Player Secrets, only the player or players who are selected via the contained checkboxes can see a given Player Secret.

For the GM-only section on pages, and those pages (or entities) that have been set to be entirely GM-only, they are not visible to any player - unless that player has been set as a Co-GM in the Players area of the campaign's Settings tab.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Krothos
    Krothos

If you're worried about whether your players will edit the Wiki pages, there is some CSS code you can use to help prevent it. Let me know if you're interested (send me a PM).

• itaigreif
    itaigreif

Thank you very much! You helped me a lot.