What is code used to make a background transparent?

Rhubarb
Rhubarb
edited October 2019 in Campaign Portal Building

I am trying to make this:

{background:#fff}.|=.[[Statistics | Stat]]|=.Ability|=.Cost|Notes|

transparent. I have tried multiple variations on changing the HEX but nothing seems to stick.

Post edited by Rhubarb on

Comments

• ragnarhawk

Here is the background color that I use:  #e8e8e86A which is a transparent grey.  You should be OK with #ffffff6A (transparent white).  The last 2 digits are the transparency, where FF is no transparency, and 00 is fully transparent.

• Rhubarb
    Rhubarb

Thanks for that. I tested it on the redcloth site and it worked perfectly:

I then tried to implement the change in the campaign, in the GM+ player secret section:

However, it still looks like this:

The white on grey is still prevalent.

Thanks for any help in advance.

• Kallak
    Kallak

replace the "background" entry with "background-color:transparent"

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Rhubarb
    Rhubarb

I made the change but get the same result. It's doing my head in :(

• Kallak
    Kallak

With what you have there, you have set the background color of the individual table rows (tr) to be transparent, but not the table itself. Swap the table declaration at the beginning from "table{border:1px solid transparent}." to "table{background-color:transparent;border:none}."

Once you've swapped the table declaration, technically you only need to apply the background color to every other row. Having said all of that (and if you'll indulge the salesman in me for a second or two), I think you'd find the custom CSS field a godsend for this sort of stuff. Set it once and it's campaign wide.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Rhubarb
    Rhubarb

Thanks so much, that fixed it. You're a star!