Is there a maximum number of wiki pages allowed on a Free Trial?

Link5963

Me and my friends are starting a campaign, and I found Obsidian Portal and I think it's great! However, before I get started on worldbuilding, I want to know if there is a maximum number of allowed pages when making the wiki. Thanks!

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

No limit that I've ever seen or heard of, so go to town.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Hi Link5963

...and welcome to Obsidian Portal.  I hope you find all you need here.  If you start up with your campaign and find it is working for you, I heartily recommend becoming an Ascendant member.  There are so many good features.  Although, even without this, I'm sure you will find OP an excellent tool for your gaming design and organisation.

smiley

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean

there was an issue that I hit at ~25,000 wiki pages (while a paid member), submitted a bug report on it, 3+ years back... and long story short, as far as I know... that bug still exists... but no official limit to the number of wiki pages that I ever hit

• Kallak
    Kallak

I was not aware of this, but I'll add it to the list of things that I'm looking into. That said, wow at 25k+ page wiki. That's got to be an impressively immersive campaign!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean

Chainsaw might remember the technical details... he's the first person who looked at it and would believe me that it wasn't a "user is messing up CSS" issue (I wasn't touching the CSS) and instead something caused on the backend when I stressed it with 25k+ wiki pages... there was a private bug thread for it, but I believe that was deleted / ignored by new tech support team (unannounced turnover)... and after my comments on the private bug thread were not responded to... and my e-mails to support address were ignored... I mentioned it on a public thread and was promptly banned... the best I could get out of the situation was a refund and some extra time to migrate my material offline... where it is still being rebuilt to this day

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

There is a limit for sure on size of campaign now- A God...Rebuilt hit the size limit, which is why we moved that campaign.

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

How many pages is 'God' coming it at, do you know?

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

I know that it was over 1500 here, and the final site was over 2500.

When I said size, however, it was not page count but rather the size limit in terms of Gigs

Just trying to help out.