I broke my banner!

UselessTriviaMan
UselessTriviaMan

*sigh*

I realized I should probably put some kinda CotY badge on my site. I added it to my main banner and uploaded it over the old one; there were no errors and it said it uploaded successfully, but now there's just a blank field where my banner should be.

Am I just being impatient? Does it take some time to appear for some reason? Or did I make the file size too big now? (It's still only 463K, so I doubt it.) The image is the exact same size (994x199 pixels) as it originally was.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Try removing and put it back in after saving is blank- that worked for me on my new campaign when I changed the banner.

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

I'm seeing it, so I assume you got this resolved?

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

It's still wonky for me. I even cleared my cache and tried viewing it in Internet Explorer, but it's just not there. I've tried saving it as both a JPG and a PNG. I tried KillerVP's suggestion and deleted the banner, then re-uploaded. None of these have worked.

When I attempt to upload a new banner, I can select it and see the small preview, but as soon as I click Save it vanishes.

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Okay, this is WEIRD.

My banner IS there, but for some bizarre reason I can't view it on my work PC. I tried it in Chrome, IE, and Edge and it's just not there. But if viewed from a different device, the banner is right there.

I tried clearing my cache but it did nothing.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

And it's not just my Ptolus campaign. Now I can no longer view ANY campaign's banner. This is a little disconcerting.

• weasel0
    weasel0

Might have a word with IT about rules changes in any blocking tech they use?

Or some key word in an installed adblock?

Or file structure change on OP side that added a keyword that's blocked?

Just tossing those out there.

• Kallak
    Kallak

There have been any such changes that I'm aware of, but I can ask if anything has changed. That being said, the fact that I see the banner just fine and UTM doesn't see it (or any banners for that matter) would seem to imply that it's some sort of display issue on UTM's end.

I'll check in with dev and see if they've got any ideas.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Yeah, it's definitely specific to that PC. Now that I'm home, everything is peachy.