Featured Campaign of the Month

Comments

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

Congrats sirlarkins for getting CotM!  I was very interested in that Charlemagne game and I am glad to see it thriving in such a well made campaign.

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Congrats!  Really impressive campaign!

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations to sirlarkins and his team.  Great interview and great site.

smiley

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hello all,

This thread (and indeed the Featured Campaigns program in many respects) has laid dormant in recent days - and unjustly so. Circumstances led to things sitting idle for a time, with campaigns chosen to be featured not being posted, and over time a halt to the program entirely. But no more. It's time to shake the dust off this topic and get our user-led initiative up and rolling once again.

This means first and foremost announcing the winners who had been selected but not yet posted. In one case, I have fixed this issue, and in the other I have not received interview responses, so there will not be a blog feature to link to (yet? I'm still hopeful on getting the GM in question to respond, so we'll see). So without further delay (ungodly delay I know, I apologize), congratulations to:

To both of these GMs and their players, I offer up my apologies for robbing you of your time to shine. It's my fault entirely, and I'd take it back if I could. All I can do is press forward and ensure that I don't let another great campaign sit in the shadows.

Step two is to finish out 2018 and get 2019 going as properly as I can. To that end, I have posted the Campaign of the Year vote. This vote covers the 6 campaigns that were chosen during 2018, and also holds a separate vote for the 12 campaigns chosen during 2017 as Campaigns of the Month that never got a Campaign of the Year vote. It's been a long time coming, but these awesome campaigns deserve their CotY moment, and the users deserve to cast their vote on their favorites. The voting closes at end-of-day of February 21st. So please cast your votes.

Finally, as for 2019. We're going to go ahead and let sleeping dogs lie on January and February. I'm not going to rob anyone else of their featured time - and so we'll be back up and swinging for March. Please keep those nominations coming and help us make sure that CotM thrives for all time.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations to Chad and Team for December CotM!  I look forward to being able to read the Cardinalis interview from November too!

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I have cast my votes for CotY 2017 and CotY 2018.  Good Luck!

smiley

Inner Council Member

• Abersade
    Abersade

Voted. Good luck folks!

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Looking forward to results of CotY being published!

smiley

Inner Council Member

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

Congratulations to Cardinalis and Chad_Johnson_0  for their respective CotMs.  Some great stuff on both sites!

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

So the poll was closed weeks ago- any news?

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey. I'll have the CotY winners post out for either late tonight or tomorrow. I've been doing some work on mock ups and the like for the next feature to be worked on - basically pulling myself in a few more directions than usual. But yes, for sure, I've let this sit on the vine longer than intended.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Kallak
    Kallak

Hey all,

So, it's a bit later than originally intended, BUT the winners post for our dual Campaign of the Year voting results is up. Congratulations to everyone in the running, but especially to our winners! Thanks to everyone for your vote, to our friends and partners for their generosity and support of the Featured Campaigns program, and to all the fine folks on the Selection Committee for keeping the user-led initiatives alive and strong.

We'll see everyone soon for the next featured campaign!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Congratulations to our 2017 and 2018 winners! Both are very worthy successors, and I'm proud to pass on the torch to such most triumphant and excellent (*guitar riff*) GMs!

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• False_Epiphany
    False_Epiphany

Whoa, big surprise to wake up to this morning! Many thanks to everyone for their votes, and to 2017's and 2018's GMs posting such awesome campaigns!

Post edited by False_Epiphany on

Blood & Bourbon, 2017 Campaign of the Year

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations to both "Blood & Bourbon" and "Morwindl" for their CotY wins.  Both excellent campaigns.

Inner Council Member

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Congratulations guys, I'm proud to pass the CotY torch to such worthy and deserving GMs!

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• cgregory
    cgregory

Congrats

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

Congratulations to both "Blood & Bourbon" and "Morwindl" for your victory.  Excellent job on both camapigns.

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Congrats!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Congrats!

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Teasers of sorts. I've got the information for April's CotM, and I'll have the post up first thing tomorrow. Get ready!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Kallak
    Kallak

Hey there all! As promised, the newest Campaign of the Month feature has been posted to the blog - which means you can come read the interview at any time. You can also please help me in congratulating jaythegreenling, and the players of First Blight!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Congratulations @jaythegreenling and company on a well-deserved CotM win!

Post edited by UselessTriviaMan on

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Well done and great site!

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations to jaythegreenling and team for winning CotM!   Great site and thanks for the interview too.

twigs

Inner Council Member

• Bortas
    Bortas

Wow, look at that content!! Congratulations!

-bort

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

Very nice!  I know I had fun playing in Thedas a few times in the past. Truly a fascinating and well done history and political scene.  I hope to run a game set there again in the future.  It looks like you and your players are taking maximum advantage of that.  Congratulations!

• Kallak
    Kallak

Greetings all.

I hope everyone has been enjoying our collective "stay" in Thedas - but the time has come for us to move ever forward. A new campaign is ready to enter the spotlight. Hopefully people are as excited as I am!

That being said, please help me in congratulating Nicesociety and the players of Aether and Ashes for their May 2019 Campaign of the Month win! Stop by the blog interview post to get brought up to speed on the basics, and then you can dive into the campaign itself for the full experience (well worth it, trust me).

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Congratulations!