I'm not a programmer, how can I get a Serenity character sheet available in the Characters section?

friendlypickle
friendlypickle

I've tried going through the forums, can't make heads or tails of what people are saying there, can't find what I'm looking for.  God forbid something like this should just be easy.  Anyone able and willing to offer some help please?

Thanks,

GMStan

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey GMStan,

In order for a game system to have a character sheet, someone has to make a DST (dynamic sheet template) for it. The good news is, any user can make one. That bad news is, someone making one is based entirely on interest or necessity, so finding someone willing to make one might be tough, at any given moment.

While it may seem intimidating, the skill level required to make one is not that high for a basic model sheet - and thus you can make one yourself with a little bit of work. The only things you need to have are some basic html and css (just like on your campaign page). The "programming" aspect of things only applies if you are looking to use javascripting to have the sheet do things like auto-calculate and such - but this is optional.

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Johnprime
    Johnprime

There's one other issue with making DSTs, the last activity for the DSTs was that no one was approving them. I want to say that's maybe a year ago more or less. I'm sure once the main issues with OP are sorted out by the support team, they'll address DSTs again, but I'm not sure what direction they will going concerning DSTs.

Friendlypickle, you might want to find a fillable PDF for the character sheet you want and then just post them for each character. I did that for my New York Nightmare campaign and it works fine.

The html to post a PDF is, <div class='oembed external-link'><a href='[website_location_of_pdf'></a></div>. I believe you can do it via a media file as well, but I've always just uploaded the PDFs to my personal website and linked to them there.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Eldiablo1227

This is very informative, and easy to understand! Thank you for making so great!

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Good info Johnprime!

• Kallak
    Kallak

A quick note on this. I was able to get one of the fine folks in development to repair the automatic email notification when a DST is submitted for approval, so that should hopefully improve the response time on getting approvals.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Kallak
    Kallak

@ChainsawXIV is the primary reviewer, with me in the backup/secondary slot.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • cgregory
    cgregory

As a additional note on the fillable pdfs

The code I use when connected loaded to the media file library is

<div class='oembed cloudfront-undefined'><a href='https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/124016/assets/726089/PapaMidnight.pdf'></a></div>;

obviously the url would be your sheet rather than the sheet for Papa Midnight.

You can also use css to modify the size of the oembed cloudfront-undefined classes to show more of the sheet if you wanted.

.oembed.cloudfront-undefined {

height: 900px;

}

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

The css for the pdf embedded code is very helpful cgregory, thanks!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life