Announcement: New Ascendant Sign-up Promotion

Kallak
Kallak
edited September 2018 in Announcements & Tech Updates

If you've been on the fence about an Ascendant membership, then it's time to get excited! Obsidian Portal is thrilled to announce a new promotional offer in collaboration with Modiphius Entertainment! Between now and October 15th, when you become an Ascendant subscriber, you'll receive $10 off digital content from Modiphius' Online Store! Choose from a host of fantastic products, like Achtung! Cthulhu, Mutant: Year Zero, and Star Trek Adventures to name a few! You know you've been wanting all the goodies that come with an Ascendant membership anyway: unlimited campaigns, custom CSS, player secrets and more! Now there's no excuse. Don't miss out any longer, join today!

Post edited by Kallak on
All the best,
- Kallak

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Thats great.

BUT...what about those of us who didnt bail ship and hung in there through all the ups and downs?

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I love(ed) this place.  But I let my ascendant lapse until such time as the direction is clear.

• Kallak
    Kallak

@Keryth987 - I can't make any official comments at this time, but suffice to say no one has been forgotten.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Kallak
    Kallak

@SkidAce, I don't want to hijack this thread since it's for the promotion, but if you're up for it, I'd be interested in talking with you about what you mean more specifically in terms of the direction "being clear". There has been tremendous movement, and I'm wondering if there's something more I can be doing to address this sort of concern. From my vantage point, there's been a great deal done, with lots more to follow. Just off the top of my head, there's been:

• Active community management re-established

• Implementation of a development road map

• Regular updates to the community of actions/events on the back end

• Support ticket coverage and bug fixes

• Renewed execution of "nuts and bolts" elements like game systems and logos, Campaign of the Month badges and distinction, and the Help area

• Development of upcoming features

You could send me a PM to discuss, or we could arrange a Skype or Discord chat, whatever would work for you, just let me know.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Johnprime
    Johnprime

SkidAce, you can believe what Kallak is saying. I've seen what they are doing and I'm pleased with the direction that is being taken. The powers that be are definitely paying attention to us and working to correct issues!

I had thought about canceling my Ascendant membership, but am no longer thinking about it! The company is obviously interested in making this site work and keeping us on, so as of right now, I'm staying.

I've even restarted an old OP campaign!

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I will message you Kallak, I have nothing but respect for you (You explained some of your code for me ages ago), and would not want to cast any gloom over a place I hve enjoyed since 2010.

With such assurances such as Johnprime's, I plan on reupping my Ascendant, but it will not be on auto renew like before.

Thanks...

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

I second John's renewed enthusiasm. And just a few months ago I was in the process of moving Shadows off of here, but with the renewed communication and progress, I've decided against that.

• pencilneckgeek
    pencilneckgeek

I, too, am cheered by the renewed action of the PTB and especially all the work Kallak's been doing. I was in the same boat as some of the others--in the process of moving all my work to another platform. I've put that on pause for now because of the new activity and interest. 

--The Geek

Current Campaigns:

Shadows of the Rift : Homebrew Pathfinder Campaign (Campaign of the Month, September 2018)

The Dresden Files: Portland

Deadlands: Riders on the Storm

Velvet & Steel : 7th Sea 2nd Edition

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Things are much better now than they were a year ago.  I heartily recommend Ascendancy to all.

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member