Update #17 - Well it's about time!

Kallak
Kallak

Greetings intrepid OPers! How fare thee? What's that? You need some updates? Well of course!

Tell us all about it:

[1] Finally!

That's right, the fix for authenticating to Obsidian Portal via Twitter has finally rolled out, and everything should be working normally once again. That's all I'm gonna say on this one (other than thank God!), because we've spent enough of my weekly update time on this bug to last a lifetime.

[2] Campaign invite fix

Another one for the "Win" column, the techs also rolled out the fix for the invite via email versus invite via username bug that has been plaguing the site for some time. You should now be able to invite players to your campaign by either method without incident. While this one was something of a more low key bug, the fact that it's been taken down is a good sign.

[3] That one storage bug

That one oddball bug concerning media storage that was different from the rest has been identified and put to bed. This should officially conclude the current round of work on media storage, and things can more heavily start branching into new areas.

[4] August CotM incoming

While we all love Bort's campaign, time marches onward, and August draws near. The next CotM winner will be named soon, and the cycle will continue.

~~

That's gonna do it for now. A tad more concise than I normally am, but I needed to get it all out before it got too late. See everyone next week for more.

Post edited by Kallak on
All the best,
- Kallak

Comments

• Krothos
    Krothos

These are awesome updates, particularly the media fix for me. I'm sure the email invites and the Twitter authentication are huge for others. Thank you!

• Kallak
    Kallak

@Krothos, Glad to hear it. Being able to report that these issues are getting resolution is really great. Telling people that something is still broken is the pits.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

All good news.  Campaign Invite bug is particularly important as it would be a particular DOWNER to any new users who encountered it.  Thanks for the updates!  

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member