I've decided to renew for another year

BearerOfTidings
BearerOfTidings

In spite of all the problems and the price increase to $40 per year, I've got enough joy out of Obsidian Portal to give it one more year.  Hopefully things will be better next year.

Comments

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

I have been a paid member for years and will continue to do so this year as well. The cost benefit ratio in my opinion is still positive. That doesn't mean OP doesn't have issues but for now I am still happy with them overall.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Are there issues currently? Sure. Have things actually been getting repaired recently? Yes

So, yea, I'm staying here.

Besides, haven't found anything yet that offers a comparable service and would eb worth migrating Shadows to

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

WoHo! Go Positivity! Guarded positivity but I remain hopeful for the future. I just need to game more now so I can justify paying for it.

• Bortas
    Bortas

What Keryth said!

-bort

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I will be renewing Ascendancy as well.  It is still such a brilliant gaming aid, even with the technical issues.  Hopefully the DEVS will get better at dealing with these things in 2018.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Still not fixed enough for me to come back.

Just trying to help out.

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

I have so much invested in my campaigns on OP that leaving isn't really an option.

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I'm still adding things to the campaigns I'm currently running. My sub renews on it's own and like others, while there are issues, they seem to be paying more attention to working on them recently and I'm still currently interested in remaining a member.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Omegabase
    Omegabase

Renewed as well.  I'm pleased with OP though as we all know, support is sometimes a problem.  I have noticed the site seems to be down less often in recent months. 

Just kicked off a new campaign.  Months of prep that would be a huge amount of work to recreate on another web site.

Oh Johnprime, noticed your GW campaign! Feel free to poach any content you like from my old GW campaign site.
    Post edited by Omegabase on

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arcanearth

Gammaworld 2754

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Thanks for the offer! You had some really great ideas and a great campaign! I'll be sure to take advantage of it!

Though I'm currently running it as one shots, so it's not too active. crying

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• Andomonir
    Andomonir

I was looking at signing up for Ascendancy after finally starting to use the service, but I'm going to hang fire until the issues are sorted out.

It's currently got that 'gone by August' feel and I'm nervous about investing a lot of work into a campaign on OP and then the service going belly up.

• weasel0
    weasel0

Honestly, it's been like that for a few years now. Probably will be around for a few more years either slowly depreciating more until it dies in about 2-3 years or they finally fix it up in about another year. That's my guess as to the sites future anyway.

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I just keep backing up any of my OP sites that I constantly update every once in a while to make sure if we do loose OP, I have all my work saved. I'm here till they either fix the issues or close. I just don't have time to code my own campaign sites to the point that I can do it with OP as easily.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• Galero
    Galero

I also renewed.  I think we have something good here and it should be supported by the community. 

Also, moving all my campaigns is going to be a long and tedious work.

• moonbunny
    moonbunny

I am here for the long haul, but I would like to see the malware gone, and be able to add to my campaigns o.O

• Robling
    Robling

I have supported OP for years, and referred the service to many peeps, but the recent failure to support its paying customer base, the recurring failures of its service several times each week, often with no warning or comment by management, and its seeming lack of concern regarding resolving basic stability make it beyond frustrating to continue to support. It's frustrating for my player base, and frustrating for me as a GM.

• Bortas
    Bortas

I too, have decided to cancel my renewal. I just can't continue to financially support a company that isn't interested in meeting the most basic of service levels.

-bort

• deljohn
    deljohn

Agreed, our campaign is also getting out of OP.  There's no point to patronizing an organization that cannot provide even the most basic level of communication; it's only a matter of time before OP shuts down completely.

• Tiaslin
    Tiaslin

As sad as it is, I will have to move somewhere else as well. There's serious issues that make using OP almost impossible, and nobody seems to care, at all. It feels like they're just letting this project run out and cash some last coin from remaining subscribers out of it, before they finally shut it down.

• OPAdmin
    OPAdmin

@BearerOfTidings, thanks so much for your continued support and to all of those that have expressed the desire to continue sticking with us, we appreciate it more then you know.

I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but we really are working to get these long standing issues resolved. I'm hoping to be able to share a roadmap of fixes...especially on the paid features, within the next couple weeks.

For those of you that have decided to hang their OP hat, we totally understand and appreciate that you have used the service, we will do our best to win you back in the near future...so long for now and we hope to see you back soon.

I appreciate everyone sharing their opinion, it helps us improve and we are listening, watching and working even if we can't always vocalize (aka type it out) here.

Mega thanks again to all of you that are sticking with us!

Jameela

Post edited by OPAdmin on
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce

I will likely stay.

"IF" posts like the above that say something will be done or planned, actually have something occur or happen.

Improve the site, I stay, I pay.

Endless "we plan to..." and I'm not inclined to stay.

Planning on a roadmap in a couple of weeks, got it.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I will continue to stay.  I love Obsidian Portal.  I just want it to work properly!

:)

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member