Persistent Login?

Thig
Thig
edited October 2007 in Feature Requests

Comments

• Thig
    Thig
    Any chance of getting our login to the site to also log us in to the forums? Seems like a teeny little gripe, but it is aggravating. A little.
  • viz
    viz
    My login on the Obsidian Portal main page does get me into the forums. I have never had to log in twice. I don't know if that could be a browser feature?
  • Thig
    Thig
    Weird... I just use IE. Nothing fancy. Oh, well... if it's just me, I guess I can somehow struggle through.
  • Micah
    Micah
    That is weird. There are 2 different login schemes, mainly because the forum is a hacked version of a forum called Beast. Without getting too technical, it would be fairly difficult to provide a single sign-on that works for both the forums and the site.

Since time is our most precious resource, the single sign-on is a low priority. It would be a lot of work with a little bit of payoff. We'd rather focus on some of the more exciting campaign features.

Keep the requests coming!
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    This is something I would like to see as well, but I understand the issue. I was going to post this myself, but I figured you had a reason for not including it already ;)
  • MythicParty
    MythicParty
    ditto. I'm using Firefox version 1.03 most of the time but I have the same issue with Safari. Also, the forum Login doesn't have a 'remember me' check box. (I've seen some sites that use 'remember me forever' and its handy.) Any chance of adding that?
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    What I did was just have my browser remember my information, but I will go visit the forums from time to time and be like "where are all the green posts for new =/" (You still have to click on the link to log in :P)