Is there a guide to the new(ish) Editor?

Brandonshire
Brandonshire

Hi there,

The last couple of campaigns I played in and ran we just used Textile and ignored the new editor. We've got a new campaign going and I'm trying to use the new editor but I cant' figure out how to do even basic things, like link to pages within the wiki and such. I'm sure the answers I'm looking for are mostly obvious but I can't seem to find them on my own and I can't seem to find a guide to using the new wysiwyg editor. Does one exist somewhere? I cant' seem to find anything in the "knowledge base" dated newer than 2012, most stuff is from 2010, long before thise editor was in use.

Comments

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Unfortunately no, there is no user guide.

Just trying to help out.

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

I think we need to admit that while there are machinations afoot in regard to site improvements, they are few and far between and beyond the ken of us mere users.

A youtube series or user guide to some of the newer features and the new editor is a fantastic idea but is one of those things that, I'm afraid, will be community made and promoted -- or not at all.

• Calion
    Calion

Okay, fine. But can someone explain to me how I link characters or Wiki pages? I just cannot find the button that does that.

• cgregory
    cgregory

There isn't one. It is one of the many reasons i've stuck with the textile editor.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Calion
    Calion

Is there any plan to fix this problem? Or is our new management just sucking the money out of this site until it dies?

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

The second part is correct.

Just trying to help out.

• Calion
    Calion

sad

• Valcondrious
    Valcondrious

If you want to post a link to a character you'll have to do it with an old fashioned HTML link to the page :-\

Just the new editor to put in the link, then click the Source button and you can edit the display text for the link.