Is OP still being updated?

Prons
Prons

Hello all, I notice that the OP Twitter account and blog seems quiet outside of the "campaigns of the month." Is OP still being updated with new features?

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

It's hard to say where things are at the moment. The contact I had on the back end is gone now. The new person seems to pop in here and there, but no word from them yet really.

They were working on an overhaul of the dashboard, it was beginning to near completion as of early Nov. I would think it's still in the works, but I've got no voice from the back end anymore to confirm. 

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Huzzah, no more Hudak!  That is great news- maybe the site will actually get fixed now.

Just trying to help out.

• Basileus
    Basileus

I'm... cautiously optmistic?

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

Hi,

I have recently updated CotM (thanks to Kallak), currently finished the support backlog and reported all outstanding issues to our new dev.

We should see some improvements soon, as the new dev is starting to go through the list I sent.

Thanks for your patience guys!

• DerkG
    DerkG

Is there a list of planned updates/improvements?

GM: https://knights-of-the-realm-1.obsidianportal.com/ - a Greater Pendragon Campaign

GM: https://sagaofthenorth..obsidianportal.com/ - a Dungeon World Campaign

Player/Scribe: https://thepriceofimmortality.obsidianportal.com/ - a Pathfinder Campaign

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

How far back on issues did you go?  There are issues that are years old

Just trying to help out.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

So, one week, no answer...

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I think a Been a Member over 5 Years" badge to go with the 1 and 3 would be nice, and should be easy if folks are still working the code.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

I second that!!

Just trying to help out.

• weasel0
    weasel0

and a 10 as well. Thats gottta be coming up soon.

• Krothos
    Krothos

I would be more interested in what new features are being worked on. Or is this it for features, the owners are only going to maintain status-quo to keep the site operational.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I find the lack of communication disturbing.

Its my opinion is status quo will be the best we get.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

The only thing that would bring me back here is an engaged company- miss the community, but the regular disappearances, lack of communication, and broken features just have not improved in a long time.

Just trying to help out.

• MaiestasNoctis
    MaiestasNoctis

I sent out a request to O.P. inquiring about planned enhancements and bugs fixes as well as membership fee distribution to overhead vs application development or RPG outreach. 

Will let everyone know if I find out details!

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

I'm afraid I don't have a list of improvements at this time.

I have a list of bugs and issues that I forwarded to our development department and right now I'm waiting for these issues to be fixed.

After we sort these out we can think about putting together a list of improvements that we can make.

I don't get notified of new posts on the forums threads, which is why my response might be slower here.

I do promptly respond to tickets though.

Alan

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I get the impression that the only support we have is one person monitoring the site.  The development department is likely shared amongst various other sites and projects.

Still, if it keeps the lights on....

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

Yes you are correct, the development team is shared amongst other sites and projects, which is why things are moving slower on that end than on the site support, where I monitor the messages daily.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

So I have a question- it has been a month since you said the following:

OPSupport

I'm afraid I don't have a list of improvements at this time.

I have a list of bugs and issues that I forwarded to our development department and right now I'm waiting for these issues to be fixed.

After we sort these out we can think about putting together a list of improvements that we can make.

So it has been a month- how goes the list?

Just trying to help out.

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

No progress yet. I'm insisting whenever I get the chance so we can see some progress soon - but it's not my call to make.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

As I asked elsewhere, how can we help get more focus here?

Just trying to help out.