Former OP user question

Craig315
Craig315

I used OP in the past and really enjoyed the features and reading other campaigns but, I left when things on the site went a little "sideways" I guess you could say. I'm considering a return to OP and am wondering how the site is running now. (Features, ease of use, any tech problems still unresolved, etc) Thanks

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

There are still issues that need to be fixed, but they do appear to have programmers working on fixing issues. Just very slowly.

At the end of the day, i decided to come back because i find it provides useful tools for my game.

I'm not a fan of the CkEditor, and prefer the texttile editor. Just be aware that by default campaigns use the CkEditor and you will need to change it if desired.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Bortas
    Bortas

Truth- the site works for exactly what you see. An experienced person can make the site do even more, and very prettily.

In truth, the linked wiki all by itself is incredibly useful in the gaming world, even with the bitching I or others might do on some other features we'd like to see fixed, or working better.

-bort

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

While I find the frustrations of slow response and slow bug repair, the benefits of OP far outweigh them in my mind, and I still havent found anywhere else I can do what I do here. So, yea, I happen to till think the place is worth my money

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Ditto. Obsidian Portal does its job far better than any other site I've encountered. It's not perfect, but it definitely works. I'm staying put.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

I left, and made my own WordPress site.  I miss the great community, but their unwillingness to fix, or often even acknowledge issues, was too frustrating.  Things are still broken from the Reforge that have never been addressed, 3 years ago.

Just trying to help out.

• Craig315
    Craig315

Thank you