More categories for characters

Katiekat
Katiekat
edited February 2017 in Feature Requests

I would really like to be able to divide the characters by more than "Player characters" and "Not player characters". Maybe custom, maybe "Important characters"?

I have a hard time sorting them now when we have a lot of them

Thank you!

Post edited by Katiekat on

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

Off hand, I don't think it is easily done. You can use tags to help search by those tags as you get more characters.

That being said what I have seen some people do is hide the character index page completely and build a wiki page that functions like the character index page. Then they can create as many divisions as they want.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

That is what we did with Rebuilt, make the character page the "Performer" page.

https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com/wikis/performers

Just trying to help out.

• jasonvey
    jasonvey

I wouldn't mind seeing an additional category or two on the characters page. Maybe, "Player Characters," "Allies," "Enemies," and "Monsters?"

• Eingya
    Eingya

Really, and it might be hard to do, if one could outright "promote" tags to categories, it would be pretty cool.

Yes, it is possible to replace the character page with a wiki page, but without a huge amount of work it won't look as good as the character page, and at least personally, I like Obsidian Portal because it avoids me that kind of work usually.

• Shmngg
    Shmngg

I would also like that feature. My campaign has around 100 characters and it gets a little messy (and will even more as we go on).