Media Library file size/format limit?

Seelenquell
Seelenquell

Hi,

I am trying to upload a pdf file of about 28 MB to the media library. The progress bar shows the upload normally. But when it is finished, there is an unspecified file symbol (see image below) in the media list, and you can't download the file or do anything with it. The storage used indicator doesn't change. Upon reloading the page, the file disappears from the list.

It says there is a file size limit of 128MB, is this perhaps incorrect? Or are there requirements for file name or format, that I don't know of?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

To my knowledge, the file size maximum is correct. Is this occurring with that one specific file only?

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Seelenquell
    Seelenquell

I just tried a couple of different pdf and other files of sizes between 10 and 50 MB, tried files with and without special characters in the file name and from different sources.

It only mattered if the file was more or less than about 25 MB. Less uploads, more doesn't. The other factors don't seem to matter. But maybe I am missing something.

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

The team reproduced the issue today and is preparing a fix which will be posted in the next day or so. It appears that once the page refreshes the list item goes away, as the file upload did not complete successfully. 

I will also see what I can do to get the file limit expanded. It does appear to be running into a size issue before the official posted limit.
  • OPSupport
    OPSupport

FYI that this fix is ready and will be posted shortly. 

• WoozleWozzle
    WoozleWozzle

Hi, as a followup, what is the media library size for free accounts? 

And why does the banner image count against it? =\

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

Currently it is 10MB for free accounts. Which banner image are you referring to? It maybe a technical limitation whereby it wasn't explicitly deducted. 

• WoozleWozzle
    WoozleWozzle

I am referring to the banner image in the style tab of a campaign. It appears to count against the library limit. It would be nice if that were the one thing that did not, so that it's simpler to update the banner as the campaign evolves. 

• cgregory
    cgregory

I've played around with uploading large banner files. It didn't affect my media storage usage stats.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016