Anything changed lately...all my Campaigns affected?

SkidAce
SkidAce

It seems like all my campaigns, that used to have the wiki box centered, are now streched across the entire screen, making everything off center compared to what it was. 

I know thats hard to describe, but I'm afraid I dont have a before and after picture.

Comments

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Looks like every campaign (even other peoples that I know were narrower) are affected the same. They all stretch from side to side.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

The "Content Max Width Setting" under "Settings", "Advanced" doesn't seem to be having any affect, no matter what number I change it to.

• berdman
    berdman

I am seeing the same thing. Happened after I made change so thought it was me, but happened even after I undid the changes. Even tried refreshing the browser cache and that didn't fix it.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I think (with my limited knowledge I found the problem, just don't know the cause.

I inspected the code for the front page, and the css for the content width has the "inherit" checked.

Bad CSS/ Layout

I unchecked "inherit" and the custom css from the setting that OP provides on the advanced setting page then came back, and everythink looked okay.

Good CSS/Layout

• Kallak
    Kallak

I have the opposite effect sort of. My wiki is squished to be more narrow than normal.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Smirnov
    Smirnov

So, any solution for web-design impaired?

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Someone at OP needs to make the "max content width" property valid again. (That's what it looks like to me)

What I did doesn't fix it, it just identifies the problem, as soon as you reload the page the property is ignored again.

• NordicAce
    NordicAce

Seeing the same thing across all my campaigns :( 

• ImmortalDM
    ImmortalDM

Is OP aware of the issue? How do we report it?

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Glad to know its not just me, but yea, all my pages now look F'd up royally

• Basileus
    Basileus

Ugh, and I just came back, thinking "maybe things have stabilized!" Curse my optimism...

Worse, against all best practices, they've made this an inline CSS setting, so you can't even properly fix it with your own CSS. Guys, style sheets exist as a separate entity for a reason! This is just bad coding practice.

And finally, no announcement? Just rolling out site wide changes that affect everyone's campaigns? Ever heard of SDLC, QA, or change control?

Submit a support ticket here: https://www.obsidianportal.com/support

Post edited by Basileus on
  • Basileus
    Basileus

If you want a temporary sort-of fix, and are an Ascendant member, you can use this custom CSS:

/* TEMPORARY? WIDTH FIX */
    .campaign-public-layout #wrapper {max-width: 1024px; margin: auto;}

Notes: If you had a custom width instead of default, use that instead of 1024px. Also, the OP top bar will be smaller than usual, but hopefully most people don't think of or use that as an essential element of their layout.

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV

You can also use the following (with your chosen width) without the side effects:

.campaign-public-layout #content { max-width: 1308px !important; }

This definitely needs to get fixed though, in my opinion.

Post edited by ChainsawXIV on
  • ikabodo
    ikabodo

This is the code i used, slightly changed chainsawXIVs code.

.campaign-public-layout #content {max-width:1224px!important; margin:auto;}

Oath of Crows

• Basileus
    Basileus

Hmm, I tried modifying #content earlier and it didn't work... wonder if something has changed?

• Abersade
    Abersade

Thanks for that ChainsawXIV, much better.

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• barrelv
    barrelv

Thanks Chainsaw!

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Thanks Basileus and Chainsaw. Set it to 10245 and everything looks good again on Shadows.

Weird thing though, on my iPad, it looked fine, it was only on th4e PC's it looked whacked out before applying Chainsaw's and Basileus' chang

• Lyle
    Lyle

I don't know how or where to plug in that CSS stuff - can anyone direct me how to do that?

thx

• Basileus
    Basileus

First, you need to be paying for an Ascendant subscription (looks like you're good there), then on the campaign you want to modify, go to Settings > Advanced, and then paste the code under "Custom CSS" and save.

• The_CDM
    The_CDM

Good to know it wasn't just me!  Very annoying how this kind of stuff seems to keep cropping up.  BIG thanks to Basileus, ChainsawXIV & ikabodo!

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

There are quite a few issues from the DSTs not saving to some issue with the CSS. Looks to me like there was an update to the overall site code, while I have not submitted anything concerning the CSS, I have submitted a ticket for the DST and I'd imagine they are aware of the other issues as well.

Just letting everyone know, they are aware of the issue, no need to open any more support tickets!
    Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• berdman
    berdman

Has there been a fix that anyone is aware of? My pages are appearing correctly again without the CSS fix.

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

The issue was resolved early yesterday morning. A change had slipped into a release build that shouldn't have been there. 

• Kallak
    Kallak

Any ETA available for when DSTs will be working again? I tried one of mine just now and saving after editing erased the data from the sheet.

Thanks for any info.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Rhubarb
    Rhubarb

The issue still seems to be affecting the characters section.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

@Rhubarb is correct.

Character pages still ignore the max width setting.

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

I have the tech team looking into the max width issue. It's not clear if this was working prior. No recent changes were made which would have impacted that setting.