Obsidian Portal Launch Feedback

1424344454648»

Comments

• Dropbeartots
    Dropbeartots
    Cannot create a new character, what happened? It just started when the editing changed. Does this need to be a ticket, is it widespread or an already known issue?

• Dropbeartots
    Dropbeartots
    As to the above, further experimentation yields the following results: character creation hangs and then fails when the character possesses tags. Otherwise seems good.

• tbug
    tbug
    When I use the new editor it strips out my carriage returns and s from the old editor. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a way to keep using the old editor?
  • HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd
    Same thing happened to me. And I was right in the middle of writing a really long log post for my Star Wars: The Infinite Empire site. Now it is an unformatted mess. Won't make finishing very easy to do. That said I am intrigued by the new features.
    Post edited by HumAnnoyd on

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• EMarkMitchell
    EMarkMitchell
    yeah, I've been trying to compose and edit pages offline, because I have a lot of downtime away from a wifi connection, but just today when I tried to upload pages I've done, now all my formatting commands are useless, and there don't seem to be any in-text markers I can learn that will let me keep formatting offline. Is there a reverse, or a some other means to format my pages, or am I being forced to redo all my wiki pages yet again?
  • EMarkMitchell
    EMarkMitchell
    Oh, yeah. Everything's a hash now. If I try and edit a document, it takes out all returns and headings and just makes it a single stream of data. So, I can't change anything without manually reformatting everything. This essentially kills my ability to utilize this site. So let me reiterate: is there a reverse, or some other means to format my pages?
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    has been heavily covered in this bug report thread:
    http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/20884-new-edit-function-breaks-everything

there was a simultaneous problem with people being unable to login to the forums, which at least in my case, is now fixed

both problems were supposedly going to be fixed "in the next 24 hours" (as of last night)
  • killervp3
    killervp3
    Sorry for my absence folks, computer died last weekend, and just got a new one-and that means I will be stuck in personal hell trying to bring myself to normal.
    Speaking of hell, I talked to John Hudak, the CTO, last night Pacific time. He did promise an update within 24 hours, and at least the forums are up. Every thread is new again, but they are up.
    I do not feel that he understands at all how bad things are, and he did not want my services. If you want more details hit me with a pm. I am 75% complete with my moving elsewhere.
  • weasel0
    weasel0
    has anyone else had an issue with just this thread reporting 19 more posts than there actually are? I'm typing on a blank page with no posts thought the page claims that this is posts 1401 to 1419... 8-|
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    @ weasel - yep, having that issue too

@ killer - PM coming your way
  • killervp2
    killervp2
    So since I cannot access any pm's, feel free to email me at [email protected] I tried, I really tried, but they just are not listening.
    The inner council met with Andrew and John Hudak (the CTO) on Skype last week, and more than one of us suggested that we announce the (at that point) upcoming fix on the blog before it occurred. He told me last night that he misunderstood.
    Bottom line, there is no excuse for not testing this before- each one of the Council volunteered to help test at one time or another. I have withdrawn from the council, and will continue to move my site.
    Please continue to post in the bug thread and email biz at obsidianportal.com
    killervp
    "A God Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com/
    Post edited by killervp2 on
  • killervp2
    killervp2
    So, Forums still not normal, still no videos, still have pages that I have to re-edit due to the terrible rollout, and still not word one on the blog or in the community forums- but remember, customer service is not their problem....
  • VariSami
    VariSami
    Indeed, the way the situation is being handled - or at least the way any actions are being communicated about - is quite terrible. I actually preferred the WYSIWYG editor when it was available and has just started a new campaign for which I created a few characters and pages. When the wall of text -incident happened, I edited each page separately into the new format. Now the old editor is back and I just will not touch the campaign until I know how this fiasco will end. I would prefer being given the option to use the "new" editor because it fit my needs much better but currently it seems no one knows how this will work out in the end.
  • Bortas
    Bortas
    Is it me, or is this last page borked for everyone else too?

-bort
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    not just you, the end of this thread is borked for everyone

!http://images.bwbx.io/cms/2012-12-19/1219-robert-bork-630x420.jpg!

(seriously, yes, there is an extra, empty page which appears for me at the end of this thread)
  • DrDoolittle
    So any news on fixing this?
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I agree with the spare page issue, although regardless of the thousands of pages added in, the function seems to operate okay.

One thing that does not seem to be working is the Forum Linking Mechanism:

"Broken Forum Linking Mechanism and Shameless Punt":https://mysteria.obsidianportal.com/

twigs
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    have you checked what your format is? it was reset text as a default for some reason, and you may need to change it to Textile
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Thanks NikMak

That may have been it. Checking "Textile Link with another shameless punt":https://mysteria.obsidianportal.com/

twigs
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Yippee!

Thanks, NikMak!
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    glad to help :)
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    I feel like there is something terrible and ancient and nameless lurking on page 29 of this thread... I keep trying to look at it but my mind refuses to see anything.
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    LOL!

Zounds! It is a mystery!

twigs
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    my god, your right about the last page... and why does it it insist on us looking at it when it knows we can never really see what its doing there.. what its doing... to US!!
    Post edited by NikMak on
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Looks like the support forums have been "deprecated" as they put it.

I really enjoyed the subtle slip of "For existing issues, our support staff will follow-up as maybe appropriate."

Maybe instead of may be....ah lol.
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    @SkidAce: Hehe, I didn't notice that at first, but it does make me giggle. Subtle but does change the gist of the message. :D
  • weasel0
    weasel0
    And here I was set to open a ticket pointing out that the reason for seeing dosing visit versions of these forums is when the did the hack job of updating the other week it somehow separated my desktop login from my mobile login. I did a search for my username. There's two of me. Only "Last Visit" timestamps are obvious to me separated by desktop and mobile. How they managed to not only duplicate everyone's accounts but her them to apply to differing devices is... special. Now to see if threads and comments get deleted from these forums like they were being locked, hidden, and deleted from the help forums. Or maybe they'll take away Community proves too.
  • weasel0
    weasel0
    And here's my proof. That last post was on my iPhone. This is from my desktop. I can edit this from my desktop. That above post...I cannot despite it being me and looking exactly the same as this account. How the eff does someone manage to do this kind of Eff up?

Anyone who wants to see more? Do a search for your own or another member's user name here on the forums. There are two of many people. Same join dates but very different last active/login dates and separate post counts.
  • call_lighting
    call_lighting
    Went to look at the help forums to see what issues are before making any serious attempts at trying this site, and it seems like it has been shut down??
    "The prior support forums have been deprecated. For account and other support related issues, please e-mail [email protected]
    For existing issues, our support staff will follow-up as maybe appropriate

First, why? Second, did they mean may be instead of maybe? Third, what is going on here? Looks like someone running a campaign that I checked out 3 years ago that I liked when I first checked out this site is now doing customer service? Or did killervp not get the job? Videos worked? Was one of the first thing I tried, and it is not working. Is there anyone doing anything? Saw some mysterious OPSupport person say things were getting fixed, but the forums say nothing is- and not having a help forum is a really bad sign.
    Can someone help me decide if I should run or stay?
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Gandalf said: "There is always hope!"

twigs
This discussion has been closed.

March 2024
Wrath of the Highborn

Read the feature post on the blog
Return to Obsidian Portal

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussions