DST Requests

ChainsawXIV
ChainsawXIV
edited February 2016 in DST Development
Post here with your requests for new dynamic character sheet templates. No guarantees when or if they'll get made, of course, but this is the place to keep the master list.

Please refrain from other discussion in this thread - let's keep it simple.

Comments

• weasel0
    weasel0
    As the 2nd or Advanced DnD sheets get done, a few alterations would make them good or HackMaster 4th. Also, ones for "HackMaster"(the new one is neither called "advance" nor "5th" it's just "HackMaster") would be similar also. I've poked at making them but wan't able to dedicate enough time to make anyone usable and wound up using a ADnD one instead.
  • HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd
    How about Dragon Age and/or Fantasy Age?

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• Brantai
    Brantai
    Fantasy Dice/Crimson Exodus would be awesome

e: started making one myself, since it's not exactly a popular system.
    Post edited by Brantai on
  • Baraccus
    Baraccus
    Swords & Wizardry sheet would be great. Not a whole lot to it. :-)
  • Whithers
    Whithers
    The following sheets, listed alphabetically, are the one's used for Classic Traveller: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-FvMAyoo83DSkVBMzVsR190SFU&usp=sharing

1. IN Form 3 Ship's Data
    2. IS Form 7 Star System Data & IS Form 7 Star System Data Continued
    3. TAS Form 2 Personal Data
    4. TAS Form 3 Ship's Papers & TAS Form 3 Ship's Papers Reverse
    5. TAS Form 14 Cargo Manifest
    6. TAS Form 103 Robot Design Form

These 6 sets of data cover all the forms in the original Classic Traveller game by GDW once sold by FFE. This would provide a starting point for games by GDW: Classic Traveller, MegaTraveller, Traveller: The New Era, Marc Miller's Traveller, Traveller Hero, Mongoose Traveller, and Traveller 5.

Of the above forms the order of priority for online play would be:

#3) TAS Form 2 Personal Data,
    #4) TAS Form 3 Ship's Papers & TAS Form 3 Ship's Papers Reverse,
    #5) TAS Form 14 Cargo Manifest,
    #6) TAS Form 103 Robot Design Form,
    #1) IN Form 3 Ship's Data, and last
    #2) IS Form 7 Star System Data & IS Form 7 Star System Data Continued.

The first three of these are critical (Character, Ship, & Cargo). Fields need no calculations or special formulas. They are all general data (alpha, numeric, and symbols) regardless of language used. Dates displayed are game specific using the Julian Calendar style and don't need any formatting. Characters, Ships, and Planets are identified using hexidecimal notation where each position details specific information in a specific order. The positions do not need to be labeled only whether it is a UPP (Universal Personal Profile), USP (Universal Ship Profile), or UPP (Universal Planetary Profile). No specific decoration or ornamentation needs to be applied, but the arrangement of the information in order as it appears on the sheets is preferable.
    Post edited by Whithers on
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    Based on greysons recent thread, would it be possible to have a "loot" or cash and equipment DST sheet that works across multiple game systems?
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Can somebody clarify how I would even get a copy of an existing DST that I could tinker with and test in my campaign?
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    You can download the DST sdk and then copy the code of the one you want to to develop and test
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Download SDK. Now to figure out how to get the code for the one I want to mod.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Found it. Thank you Kallak.
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    NP, look forward to seeing what you do with it.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    I don't think you will be impressed. I am a trial and error dabbler.

But we shall see.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Now if all those D&D 5E sheets that are listed as "new" could get approved...
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Ship, planet, and item sheets and loot tracking sheets are all fair game in my mind, if someone wants to take a crack at them.

And for what it's worth, the unapproved sheets are generally people's half finished, usually abandoned projects. Not like we're just sitting on finished work to deny people the pleasure of using it. :p
    Post edited by ChainsawXIV on
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    I'm interested at taking a crack at GURPS Space Planet Record Sheet, if that's available?
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Go for it!

At this point nobody really needs permission to start working on a sheet. That might have been an issue when the system was first introduced, just to avoid redundant effort with multiple people rushing to do the same thing, but that's really not something I'm worried about at this point.
  • Brantai
    Brantai
    Now that the book's finally out, what's the likelihood of getting an Exalted 3rd ed DST?
    Post edited by Brantai on
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Might do one eventually, but don't have specific plans to. I'm on the fence on 3rd edition myself (pledged it, but I'm more than a little disenchanted with the developers at this point), but if and when I end up actually playing it I'll probably put something together.
  • Gavrahil
    Gavrahil
    Hi guys, just a heads up: I'm working on an Exalted 3rd Edition DST right now. Can't tell when it's going to be ready, but I'm determined to do this, since I already have two campaigns in the system.

By the way, who do I ask for a new game-system tag for Exalted3? There seems to be only exalted 2 as a game system right now.

Oh and a quick question to the developers: the DST developer's kit seems to be out of date (jquery is still at version 1.3), so I have a few questions:
    1 - can I use jquery UI?
    2 - is the characters.js still the same, or have there been changes? (btw. I went through the whole thing and wrote some documentation, so I could understand what it does. If you want it for the developer's kit, let me know)
    3 - what version of jquery are you actually using?
    4 - on the main page for creating DSTs it says that external scripts are not allowed, but in the DST for Exalted an external .js is included. I'm confused!

If you have any advice, please let me know.
  • JayLoucks

It would be great to have a 7th Sea 2nd edition sheet.

Thanks

• Bortas
    Bortas

I'm sorry, this is probably super obvious, but I can't find the answer, or (more likely) I'm digging in the wrong place. Where can I find the SDK and download other DSTs to look at their code and edit?

I'm looking to make a really short, basic template to use with 3.5/Pathfinder specifically for NPCs. I don't need stat block or any of that, more like affiliations, business, party background, that sort of thing.

-bort

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Hey Bortas,

If I understand what you're looking for, the DST repository is here. To view the css, html and js of a particular DST, click on the name of the DST and you'll be able to view the form that you use to submit them. Form is read only at that point so no need to worry about breaking someone else's DST.

Hope that helps.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• hades200082
    hades200082

No guarantees of them getting approved for use even if they do get created by a willing developer ... been over a month and still waiting for my Traveller one to get approved frown

• Tanarus
    Tanarus

Cyberpunk 2020 is an amazing game, I currently use the codes available in blank character creation, but it's difficult to use for my players. Any chance we could get a CP2020 sheet?

• weasel0
    weasel0

@Tanarus absolutely. Just code it up and away you go! :-p

All the sheets are made by users so unless someone is feeling super generous it's unlikely to get done unless one does it themselves.

• Thesaurasaurus

Any chance we could see a DST for Werewolf: the Forsaken? There are some existing templates out there, but nothing available here on OP.

• morkalg
    morkalg

How about a Call of Cthulhu Pulp edition?

• Kassil
    Kassil

I'd like to request a sheet for Starfinder - preferably one for characters and one for ships, please and thank you.

• cgregory
    cgregory

First they would need to add Starfinder as a game system before anyone can design a DST to apply to it.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I asked to have a game system added about 6 months ago, and so far, I have not heard back about it being added, so I'm not sure how quickly you'll get an answer on that. Hopefully, they'll add Starfinder as it will be a more popular system.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life