Tags have disappeared from all wiki pages

Tau_Cetacean
Tau_Cetacean
edited March 2016 in Bug Reports
the (unwanted) social media buttons and (wanted) tags have disappeared from the top of all my wiki pages - is it just me or site-wide?

Comments

• Basileus
    Basileus
    I just spot checked a couple pages and it looks normal to me.

Made any CSS changes recently?
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    My tags are also still all there.
    Victor aka killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com

Just trying to help out.

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    No CSS changes made, ever
  • The_CDM
    The_CDM
    What I'm seeing is that turning off the social media buttons in the advanced settings also turns off the tags. I have to say that adding the social media buttons is a totally unnecessary piece of fluff, where as the tags have always been a wanted feature. Can we just dump the social media buttons? Or at least be able to disable them without also loosing a wanted feature?
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    checking this now... toggling social media buttons back on... and yep... tags reappear too

the sequence of events as I saw them:
    * tags were here, tags were good
    * social media buttons were added, we asked for them to be toggle-offable
    * social media buttons toggle-off feature was added, but did not work for wiki pages
    * we pointed this out
    * presumably they tinkered with it some more
    * now tags disappear along with social media

I am going to update my bug report / problem ticket
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    (I had kept social media buttons toggled off while waiting for the fix, ergo, from my perspective, the tags just upped and disappeared for no apparent reason)
  • weasel0
    weasel0
    bc. /* REMOVE SHARE BUTTONS */
    .social-share-button {display: none;}

It does wonders. I grabbed it from "here":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4210&page=1#Item_2 . Also, my adblockplus does wonders too.
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    okay, I've broken down and done that... but geezy peezy... every time I encounter a bug on this site they blame it on me monkeying around with the CSS... now, for the first time, I actually have done something to customize the CSS... and it would be nice if they actually implemented a non-CSS toggle social media off button that, you know, worked without adverse side effect
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    lol! i think our Tau is reaching his limit: Deep breaths big man, deep breaths! :)
  • The_CDM
    The_CDM
    @Tau_Cetacean Could you keep us posted on how your problem ticket gets resolved?
  • The_CDM
    The_CDM
    @weasel0 Nice. That worked great! Thanks for sharing that.
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    @ The_CDM - I've made the second bug report (that the tags disappeared) private and asked them to close it - this is the active bug report that is also public:

http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/20297-social-media-buttons-toggling-off-does-not-affect-wiki-pages

I've gotten no official feeback on either bug report
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    @Tau- They are in transition- AndrewW is on his way out, and there is no customer service person. Not saying that it is right, but there are not a lot of responses in the help queue at present.

Just trying to help out.

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    understood