Inner Council Details and Members

2»

Comments

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Hey Community Ambassadors, has the owners of OP furnished any info lately?

Or did the Council idea go kaput? (through no fault of your own).
  • Krothos
    Krothos
    Even if it was "Sorry all, we've decided not to continue working on OP", it would be great if we can hear from someone at Kaleidoscope (or anyone else of importance) regarding the status of this website! Nothing in over a month is ridiculous!!!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Has anyone heard from Alex in the council? From Kaleidoscope?

Just trying to help out.

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    Alex has not responded to my e-mail since October-ish

I'm going to attempt the corporate number for Kaleidoscope tomorrow during normal business hours...

http://kaleidoscopeglobal.com/contact/

but in the meantime assuming the ship is going down and backing everything up
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    Phone number listed on Kaleidoscope Global's website belongs to "Redbrick Health" and the confused operator there said it has been their number for three years or more

I've e-mailed [email protected] to ask what the status of Obsidian Portal is exactly

Failing a timely response from that, will try people listed as on the board of directors for Kaleidoscope Global...
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    There's not much depth to their web page....
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    yeah, not much depth at all

went into google street view for the address listed.... appears to be a CVS Pharmacy

googled the name of the CEO, same name as the "message from CEO" blog post we got a couple months back... found a LinkedIn profile listing himself as the CEO of a different company in San Fran (same guy though, same photo), but from his LinkedIn account, I got the LinkedIn account of the "Client Development Officer" (she is listed on the website as "Director, Business Development and Strategy", right next to the CEO)

so... my game plan is to wait until COB today for any response to the e-mail I sent to [email protected] at ~8am today... and after that, go scattershot - e-mail the board of directors guy who is also a Duke University professor, e-mail the LinkedIn accounts of the (ex?) CEO and the CDO...

this is just gotten way too ridiculous.... I'm usually not a angry customer type, but I've paid the annual membership fee here, and poured way too much time and creative energy into my campaign wiki
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    keep those email addresses you post to, and i will post the same email after the weekend if you dont get a reply, no need for you to have all the heavy lifting alone. would you care to share what message you plan to send them? i can copy and paste the same content (btw, what day of the week is it over there, and does the x-mass holiday season mean everything is slowing down or closed as it sometimes does here in the UK? Its 15:26hrs on Thursday 17 December here as I type)
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    I'm going to watch new Star Wars movie straight after work... if there is no response from [email protected] when I get back, I will start pinging all the other options I'd brainstormed above and copying it all here, copied and pasted the message I sent at 8:38am below. It's Thursday here. Xmas is Friday of next week... I'd think someone would be around Mon-Wed next week, but xmas eve and xmas would by out.

To: [email protected]

To Whom It May Concern:

As far as I can tell, Kaleidoscope Global is the parent company for Obsidian Portal. I have not received any response in several months to tech support requests, and from the discussion boards it is clear that everyone else is in the same boat. What is the status of Obsidian Portal?

- Thomas

p.s. the phone number listed on your website is not yours
  • cgregory
    cgregory
    Noticed that Alex hasn't even updated any campaigns since Dec 1st. But he does seem to be posting on his facebook page

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    well, if you're friends with him on fakebook... suggest you ping him on what the skinny is...

see the OP FB page hasn't had new posting since November 9th, same as the blog
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    I will join in any efforts- let me know.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com

Just trying to help out.

• cgregory
    cgregory
    No, I don't know him.

It was just an easy matter of following the links on his Obsidian portal account. That lead to a webpage with a link to his facebook account.

Apparently he has logged on the forums in the last 16 hours, but just hasn't posted. You can see that info on his forum account info.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    got this e-mail response, so, standing down from my plans to sent scatter-shot messages on LinkedIn...

Hey Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I must apologize that I have not been around as often recently. We have been doing some extensive work on the backend working to restructure some things so we can have a more efficient infrastructure as we move forward, and that has consumed a large bit of time. I have a large update that I am currently working out on this that will be made publicly available very soon. We are also presently working on expanding our Inner Council so that they may be able to pick up some of the slack in regards to community engagement and sure up our support processes. This is to accommodate the load of work that Obsidian Portal actually is as a project and make sure we have a more open line of communication with the community. We understand this is a major facet of Obsidian Portal that is very important to them, and it was clear this was not remaining up to par as the project continued to evolve with a single man at the helm. We have also worked out a content release schedule that will encompass our Newsletter (which has been dead for some time), the Blog, and Social Media/Forums that should further assist with maintaining these lines of communication.

I'll be dropping in on the Forums and Support/Help section here today to provide some more details on these items as well in the interim of getting the full announcement out. It took some dedicated work and hammering out details, but we now have a lot of things just on the cusp, and these changes should allow for a much more fluid and consistent flow.

If you ever have any questions or concerns you are also welcome to email me directly. I do not want the community feeling isolated, and I know that this period has caused that sentiment to grow, but I am available to you.

--
    Alex Huilman
    Obsidian Portal Project Manager
    [email protected]
    www.kaleidoscopehq.com
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    and apparently the comments don't support textile as advertised...

whatever... going to watch Star Wars now
  • RyanHeck
    RyanHeck
    Thanks for sharing that message, Tau.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Thanks Tau

Just trying to help out.

• Krothos
    Krothos
    Thank you, Tau!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    FYI- in full disclosure, was recently asked to join as an inner council member. I had to decline, as I cannot support a company that has done nothing in 10 months to improve this site, and actually has more broken than when they took over.
    Alex was, as expected, very professional about it, and I still have the utmost respect for him. Kaleidoscope does not deserve him, in my opinion.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com

Just trying to help out.

• RyanHeck
    RyanHeck
    Agreed, killervp.

I shouldn't have to ask my players this, but earlier I requested their aid in scrapping our campaign's content in fear that this thing is coming down. No one should have to feel like that, but they've shown no respect for us as users or a community.
    Post edited by RyanHeck on
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Thanks for the update, Tau

It seems such a shame that someone had to go to such extraordinary lengths to get any response from our Community Manager.

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member