Obsidian Portal Launch Feedback

Comments

• schwing
    schwing
    Oh also, check you email from OP.

We have a new community based tshirt competition and I know we have some great artists out there!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Thanks for checking in!!
    Did the default font size for the edit screens get smaller during these updates, or is it just my old eyes??

Just trying to help out.

• schwing
    schwing
    Hey killervp,

I'll take a look and make sure nothing I changed last is causing it. No styling changes have been made in recent pushes but I'll check!

Is it possible you have your browser zoomed out?
    Post edited by schwing on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Actually, yes, my bad- didn't check the simple solution!
    Looking forward to help tickets being addressed!!
    Thanks for checking in!

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Well the day has come. There is no place to add my payment info the my account, and it expires tomorrow. Hopefully I will not be locked out of anything until it shows a place for me to enter the info.

I don't like this feeling....
  • Unknown
    You should be fine Skid, based on all accounts that I have seen on the forums.
  • Belrathius
    Belrathius
    When that happened to me, Skid, I was able to add my payment info (only after the subscription from the kickstarter ended). I was able to see everything fine, I just couldn't access Ascendent features, like editing the CSS. It was still there and in force, just unchangeable. Once I added my payment info and re-upped, full access returned and you couldn't tell that there was an interruption at all. Unless something drastic has changed in the interim (which seems exceedingly unlikely), you should be just fine.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Thanks Alex and Belrathius.

11 hours and counting.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Skid, my repayment change went without any hitch as well.

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• RyanHeck
    RyanHeck
    Yeah, I've not reactivated my Ascendancy since my reforge pledge ran up. My campaign is getting by okay anyways without it, but I'll reconsider it as I see more changes roll out. I think the only annoyance is not being able to make new forum posts, but we've found work-arounds.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Thanks Twiggy....12 minutes and counting.

@RyanHeck, I hear yah, however we use the forums for play-by-post...so if there was a glitch...
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Everything seems fine. I wasn't actually panicking...

The lack of a place to enter info/details on my membership was just a little disconcerting.

Why couldn't the screen have shown what it shows now?

Some legacy from the kick starter benefits I guess.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    I re-upped for a year as a sign of good will and faith.

Keep the comms flowing and I'll here.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Speaking of communication continuing to flow...

any updates?
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Looking back, around June 21st there was mention of storage locker being one week away and natural editing potentially the next week after that.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    I am used to summer messing with people's deadlines, but yes, would be nice to hear an update- been a few weeks.

Just trying to help out.

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    I'm also hoping for an update soon. -I'd also like to see the options and vote for the new T-Shirt.-

EDIT: Just checked the blog to see that the deadline for submissions has been extended. -Guess I have no excuse not to make one up now!- I still didn't.
    Also, Haste 128 is up!

_~Mae_
    Post edited by Maesenko on

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    Hey guys, here's an update from my end:

New episode of Haste, got another one queue'd up as well, working on some newsletter stuff and getting things organized behind the scenes there for a better newsletter schedule, also working on a content calendar to stick to a good and consistent publishing schedule for myself.

Also, creating an OP YouTube channel and re-creating the tutorial vids for the site since all the pre-reforge ones are now irrelevant

Aside from that, trying to spend lots of time w/ my kiddos who are home on summer break.

Also pushing hard to get us a new and improved forum here, one that actually functions like a modern forum, and perhaps even matches the new look and feel of the site.

I'll ping the development guys for updates on file lockers, etc. I know we also just added Elves to the name generator just recently too.
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    PS: Also been looking over and approving a lot of DST's that have been rolling in.
  • Unknown
    Hmm, odd, I don't see the option for the Elf Names in the generator on my pages - either way, good to know they should be rolling out.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Thanks for the update, Dread! I look forward to all them exciting things. Modernised FORUM sounds particularly good.

twigs

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Agreed, happy to see Haste back up- now we need a developer update!

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    Haste is hanging up the Dicebag.

"Haste":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/haste-hanging-up-the-dice-bag/

Bummer...
  • Unknown
    Hmmm, yea, I'll admit that I don't like that. I think I essentially just seconds twigs comments on the episode.

-Red
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    Hey Jerry,

I gather that it's been a busy couple of weeks, but could we get another quick status update?

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    Of course!

Elven name gen is finished and will be pushed out on our next big update. I've got my show outlined for the final episode of Haste which is both good, and bad :(. Aside from that I've got a meeting with the guy who is the head of the Tabletop initiative for the Extra Life children's charity this year to get OP in the spotlight and hopefully raise some money for sick kids. Stretch goals are currently still under development, but I know that the file locker is at about 80%, which is what I believe is being worked on currently. I've also provided a ton of feedback to Kaleidoscope about direction for the site recently so here's to hoping that ball gets rolling soon.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Thanks for the update!

twigs

Inner Council Member

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    Sounds good, thanks Jerry.

P.S. - For those who haven't checked the Facebook or Twitter pages, Obsidian Portal now has a "YouTube":https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpe0g9SHUorIfCtpucv99MA.
    It has all new help videos, something I know many people have been clamoring for since the Reforge.

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Belrathius
    Belrathius
    Ok, seriously, this is getting beyond ridiculous. While I think that a YouTube channel is great, especially for help videos, STILL official notifications are not occurring in the site's own forums but rather just Twitter and Facebook. Come on! How hard is it to understand that communication should not be limited to the twitch-feeds of social media but should definitely ALSO include the very communication system that is actually integrated into the product that your users are using?

Sigh.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    @DreadGazebo is a member of OP, and that is an update.
    It may not be an update on what is going on with everything we want, but it is an update.

Just trying to help out.

This discussion has been closed.

March 2024
Wrath of the Highborn

Read the feature post on the blog
Return to Obsidian Portal

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussions