Fat Dragon Games Kickstarter - Wilderness Adventures - Funded!

Maesenko
Maesenko
edited January 2015 in Player Lounge
Hello one and all!

I come bearing news of a new Kickstarter from Fat Dragon Games. They've already run five _very_ successful Kickstarters, and this one is shaping up to be no different. It funded in under twenty minutes, and has already reached its first stretch goal at $10k on its first day.

You can find the Kickstarter "here":https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1679800548/wilderness-adventures-28mm-scale-fantasy-gaming-te.

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

Comments

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    UPDATE: The Kickstarter is currently hovering around the $26k mark, with 19 days to go. There have already been 8 stretch goals unlocked (teetering on 9), and there is plenty more to go.

If you love using terrain for your game, or are a fan of papercraft models, this is a great time to get in on it!
    Post edited by Maesenko on

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    UPDATE: 10 days to go, $29k in, and in the time since my last update we have unlocked a 3D wagon, desert oasis, Sci-Fi textures (Numenera, anyone?) and a secret bonus Dice Tower!

Still not sure whether you want to give it a go? Well, Fat Dragon Games has released a FREE model, "Baba Yaga's Hut":http://www.rpgnow.com/product/143386/Baba-Yagas-Hut as a promotion for their new product line.

And as always, you can find the Kickstarter "here":https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1679800548/wilderness-adventures-28mm-scale-fantasy-gaming-te/description

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Unknown
    Sadly I don't have the funds to get in on this, but that is one amazing looking Kickstarter. I have bookmarked their website and will probably be sending them some business once my finances are back in line. Silly conditions keeping me from work...

10 days to go though, folks, get in on it if you are able as it is an awesome project and a solid company who has a history in this type of product.

--
    Alex
    "Dragon Age: Requiem":https://dragon-age-requiem.obsidianportal.com/
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    If you are wondering, the real sweet spot is the $69 HERO level. It includes every terrain, and any $60+ pledge gets access to the stretch goals.

I personally went with the Champion level because I love exclusives and bonuses.

EDIT: Alex, if you are looking to getting into the FDG stuff, I recommend waiting until they have one of their semi-frequent sales on DriveThruRPG/RPGNow. Stuff goes for ~30% off on average, if not more.
    Of course, if you can manage to swing anything for this KS, do so. It will be cheaper in the long run than buying the sets separate and you can get extra stuff like KS-exclusive models or textures.

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    One week left!!! Even if you're not participating in this KS, could you do us a favor and spread the word any way you can?

Let's blast past $46,000, we're already around $31,000, and I know for a fact there are even more stretch goals than what are listed (courtesy of FDG doing some reshuffling as secret goals unlocked).
    Since my last update, we've also unlocked a 3D Dragon Turtle paper mini!

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    The last two days have seen a marked increase in pledges, we have since unlocked two additional stretch goals:

3D Paper mini Horses, which can physically support 1" base minis, so you can actually do mounted combat!
    Swamp Tentacle Monster, if you've seen LotR, think the beast outside the hidden door into Moria.

-We are close to the $35k mark (Giant stone statues, no relation to the Argonath...), should hit it within the next day.-
    Aaaand we got it! On to the Troll Cave!

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    Less than 48 hours to go! The Troll Cave and 3D Giant Lizard riding minis stretch goals have since been unlocked, and the Orc Camp is close!

As always, the link to the Kickstarter can be found "here":https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1679800548/wilderness-adventures-28mm-scale-fantasy-gaming-te.

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Unknown
    Well, I actually managed to get in on this when I didn't think I would be able to. Looking forward to starting up a collection of some of their products actually, think it will add a nice bit of spice to our sessions once I am ready to start using them. Thanks again for bringing this up, and I also encourage other to get in on it while it is still rolling.

--
    Alex
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    Right on, Alex! Don't forget to pick up the Baba Yaga's Hut I linked above if you haven't already!

If you don't mind my asking, what level did you end up selecting?

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Unknown
    I certainly don't mind. I pledged $133 but took the $69 Level (just below the top level). I didn't have any good idea for an inscription. I did $133 to grab a couple Add-on options as well, and then my final step before I start using them will be to grab the Fantasy Bundle they have on RPGNow for $70ish. That should get me enough bits and bobs to comfortably build most things.

I'll likely pass on Baba Yaga's Hut for now as I don't have a direct need for it with my current campaign, though I may snag it up at some point as it is an interesting model.

--
    Alex
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    I would recommend getting Baba Yaga's just so it's in your download library, as you can always just re-download it later. It's supposed to be free only for a limited time, so I'm guessing it may revert shortly after this KS ends.

I'll confess, I have no idea what I will put for an inscription, but I'm sure I'll think of something later on. I had the same trouble with coming up with one of the signs for the Ravenfell KS.

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Unknown
    Well, you do have a good point there, kind of a no sense not doing it kind of thing. As a new customer of theirs I figured my best bet with having nothing creative for the inscription was to grab a few more items at discounted rates. But, since my finances stabilized abruptly and they are technically a local business for me being in Columbus as well (and working on starting up my own small business), it seemed right to jump on board.
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    Less than one day remains! The Orc Camp and Barrow Tomb have been unlocked!

We are closing in on the Swamp of the Dead, and hopefully a surge of last-minute support might put us over $50k (currently around $43k).

As always, link "here":https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1679800548/wilderness-adventures-28mm-scale-fantasy-gaming-te.

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Wow, with this last push here they have been jumping forward pretty quick. They should almost come up with a few more Stretch Goals just to see how far they can push it, seems like people are trying to get them all unlocked before it ends.

*EDIT:* And they did, out to 60K and currently up to just under 52.5K. Unlocks hit since Mae reported are Swamp of the Dead, Lizardfolk Camp, Druid Monument, 3D Giant Board (that minis can ride), and Fairy Rings. Now approaching Owlbear nest. New items added are Wilderness Traps I at 56K, 3D Boulders and Rockslides at 58K, and Wilderness Traps II at 60K. 8 Hours remaining.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    And we now have Owlbear Nest! I'm hoping for those Traps!

5 hours to go!

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Unknown
    I am right with you Mae, when I saw those were added I got stoked. At least getting one of them would be nice, if not both.
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    And now we have Wilderness Traps 1!

3 hours remain!

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    Down to the last 90 minutes, and we're $3,000 away from unlocking the final stretch goal!

If there was a time for anybody to join in, now would be that time!

As always, link "here":https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1679800548/wilderness-adventures-28mm-scale-fantasy-gaming-te.

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    The Kickstarter has funded. $57,508, and FDG has decided to add the $58k stretch goal.

Thanks to all who pledged, or spread the word.

_~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee