Frustrated; Several Topics

Rykros
Rykros
edited May 2014 in Campaign Portal Building
Okay, the whole CSS situation in Obsidian Portal is really frustrating me. It's really been two steps forward and one step back...if I'm lucky. Here is where I think I'm getting into trouble.

I'm attempting to place a repeating background image on all pages except the front page. Of course, normally this would be done with the BODY tag, but the BODY tag is already being used by Obsidian Portal and is not editable. So, you would need to use Selectors. But therein lies the problem. I'm not finding any sort of list of acceptable Obsidian Portal selectors. How are you supposed to know what Selectors to use? Maybe I can make a suggestion that someone makes a list and posts them in a sticky or something.

But luckily, Basileus has been extremely kind and gracious in helping me along. Through his efforts, he's guided me into getting the background image where it needs to be. But currently, it is applying to every page. This really isn't that big of a problem, and I can manage that. But, the Wiki and Adventure Log pages continue to have a white background over the underlying background image. How would you get rid of the white background to let the original background image shine through without using a BODY tag?

Of course, this is just the start of several questions that I have, but I'm taking it one step at a time and making sure that the layout of my page is more important than the content at the moment.

Comments

• Bortas
    Bortas
    you can set the background to transparent. I did this to a good chunk of my site, but still missing a few. Basileus also was very helpful to me. This is the code he gave me:
    @/* Content areas transparent backgrounds, with highlight bars removed */
    .campaign-public-layout .wiki-page, .campaign-public-layout #character-details, .campaign-public-layout .adventure-log-post, .campaign-landing-show .campaign-landing-page-container, .campaign-public-layout .section, .campaign-public-layout .post-main, body.campaign-public-layout .post-main.post-section, .campaign-public-layout .post-section.post-main {background-color: transparent;}
    @

I believe for wiki pages and adventure logs:
    @.campaign-public-layout .wiki-page, .campaign-public-layout .adventure-log-post {background-color: transparent;}@
    Ought to do the trick for you.

-bort
    "Morwindl"://morwindl.obsidianportal.com/
  • Rykros
    Rykros
    Thanks! Now would that be placed in the Custom CSS area of the Settings tab or in each page used?
  • Bortas
    Bortas
    Sorry - advanced tab of settings for ascendant members, not on each page.

-bort
    "Morwindl"://morwindl.obsidianportal.com
  • Rykros
    Rykros
    Okay, that's where I thought you were going to say, but wanted to be sure.

This is what I currently have in there (url shortened for visual appeal):

.campaign-public-layout .wiki-page {background: url('http://background-lrg_zps40c3b01e.jpg') repeat-y top left; background-size: 100%;}

Should I change it to this?:

.campaign-public-layout .wiki-page, .campaign-public-layout .adventure-log-post {background-color: transparent; background: url('http://background-lrg_zps40c3b01e.jpg') repeat-y top left; background-size: 100%;}