A Totally Unofficial Help & Tips FAQ

124»

Comments

• RTukka
    RTukka
    How do you add tags to characters? If go to the edit character page, type something into the tag field and hit enter, the page reloads but the tag doesn't stick. The same happens if I use the save button at the bottom of the page. Is this a bug (I haven't noticed anybody else mention it so far) or am I missing something?
  • Langy
    Langy
    Instead of hitting 'enter', type a comma after every tag.
  • RTukka
    RTukka
    The tags don't update even if I only add one at a time. I tried adding a comma after the one tag I did attempt to add though, and it still doesn't work.

In the reforged feedback thread, I just saw a a dev note that tags aren't working properly on some sections of the site, so I am going to assume it's bugged for now.
    Post edited by RTukka on
  • HalcyonAndOn
    HalcyonAndOn
    As GM, is it possible to move a forum post to a different thread?
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    This is still a great resource, especially for those that are not ascendant.

Just trying to help out.

• Managrimm
    Hey, guys. I've been poking around and was having trouble finding out if this was possible. Is there any way to just make the font size of my campaign smaller? Or is that only a "custom css" Ascendant feature?
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    If all you're concerned with is the text on wiki pages, and you're willing to use some code on every page, you could encapsulate all the content on each wiki page with something like all your content. You'd have to do every page by hand that way, and it would be a mother to adjust if you ever changed your mind though. To do it in a more central way you'd need custom campaign CSS.
  • wrjohnstone
    wrjohnstone

Sorry but I'm really struggling to paste into the Obsidian portal adventure log. Any ideas? 

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

What are you trying to paste, wrjohnstone?

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• TimGarris
    TimGarris

is there a way to create an index page of all pages in the wiki with a certain tag, for instance, "battle" or "location"? Apologies if this is explained somewhere and I've just missed it.

• weasel0
    weasel0

That's okay. There's a lot around here.

This was actually just asked about a week or two ago and the answer is no to any automated process. You'd need to run a script of some kind and for security reasons, OP kills any user scripts(and anything using the word script such as description).

• Armellofan
    Armellofan

Looks like i have lot more studying to do!

• raynbow
    raynbow

Sorry to be an idiot, but do these links still work or is this to an old forum that doesn't exist anymore?

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Sorry raynbow, those links are long-dead and gone.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• gastoff
    gastoff

@raynbow, On the bright side, Obsidian Portal now has a pretty active Discord channel (link is stickied at the top of the forum board) that has a CSS and campaign builder channel. If you need any help with coding that you cannot find answers to here on the forums, feel free to join the discord and there is plenty of folks on there that can help as well.

• Kallak
    Kallak

I believe the posts all still exist, it's just that the URLs were altered when the forums were migrated over. That said, if there's anything older than 2013, it likely doesn't work anymore due to the ReForge that took place. The Discord channel is a good place as was mentioned.

All the best,
    - Kallak