Arsheesh is now a Kiwi!

arsheesh
arsheesh
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Hello All,

It's been a while since I've been able to check in with everyone here at the Portal, and I've missed my friends here. My wife and I just moved from the U.S. to Auckland, New Zealand where I will be pursuing my PhD, and the past month and a half has been spent with family. As such, I've not had much time to drop by, and, sadly, will not likely have much time to regularly check in here at the forums once I begin my PhD in earnest. However I will drop by from time to time since I really do love this community and can't bear the thought of not being a part of it. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the forums here, in my estimation this is one of the very best RPG forums out there.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Comments

• Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    Congrats on the move, and best of luck with all the changes, personal and professional.

On the downside, I guess I can pass on inviting you to our old school con in Anaheim this summer.

Mike aka Black Vulmea
    "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/le-ballet-de-l-acier - swashbuckling adventures in the age of the Three Musketeers and Captain Alatriste
    Featured Campaign of the Month - August 2011
  • Morrinn
    Morrinn
    Hey Arsheesh! Long time no see, nice to hear from you.
    Hope the transition was smooth and you are enjoying kiwiland =)

Was the move a permanent thing, or it is just for the duration of your study?
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Congrats on the safe move to Kiwiland! Best wishes on your study pursuits! You are missed, but we will strive to continue using your great example.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    Duskreign's "COTM for November 2011":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow/wiki_pages/112011
    Post edited by GamingMegaverse on

Just trying to help out.

• RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Arsheesh! Kiwi! An Arkiwi! A Sheeshwi! A Kishwi! ....

Way to move to a not-condusive-to-making-cutesy-nicknames country.

Glad you're safe!
  • Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    Nice to see ya back Arsheesh. I have family in New Zealand. Great place to live. Goodluck with your studies and best wishes to you and your famaly.

-Steve
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Congratulations Arsheesh! Now you can start your Phd and also learn the rules of rugby. I hope you find some time to game as well.

twiggyleaf
    "Shimring - The Faces of Divinity":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shimring
    (a multiplanar 3.5 D&D campaign)

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Thanks everyone, it's been a crazy first week but my wife and I just got settled into our new flat today (after having spent a week in a youth hostel), and are feeling much better all around. Well that's the latest from Lake Wobegon.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    I'm somewhat jealous. Always wanted to go to NZ, even before the Lord of the Rings movies!

All the best, my wife just finished her MFA so I have some clue of the workload you're about to be under. May you come through with flying colors! Hopefully we will see you at least annually for a check in.

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• WolfLord
    WolfLord
    Congrats Arsheesh! Glad to hear the move was a success that is awesome! Looking forward to calling you Dr. Arsheesh hahaha :)

"Avatar: Conquest of the Imperial Order":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/avatar_adventure
    "Duskreign
    Post edited by WolfLord on
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Hey Arsh, sounds like fun! I wish you best in your program. When you're done will you be able to get a job as a stand-up philosopher? (I hope someone gets that reference.)

-DarkMagus
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Mel Brooks History of the World... awesome Dark!!

Just trying to help out.

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Wow, I must have missed that scene! I'm going to have to go out and rent it now.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • wolfhound
    wolfhound
    Wow congrats! Very, very cool.