[Feature Request] Personal/Group Chat Feature

Yoshara
Yoshara
edited November 2010 in Feature Requests
I think a Chat feature that can accommodate chat between 2 people up to as many as 20 would be a very cool idea and option. It wouldn't be anything to do with campaign design and such but it would allow us to interact more than just with the forums.

What I am imagining in my head is something like Facebook's chat, something that no matter where you go its there at the bottom and will overlay with everything on the page.

Comments

• RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    I'd think it'd be very useful, but I don't know how easily it could be incorporated. I've often wondered if an HTML chatbox could be embedded in a campaign, but I don't think that's an option either.

*Edit:* I also could see myself wasting quite a few hours on this particular feature, were it to be implemented.
    Post edited by RaseCidraen on
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    I realize that it may be an ambitious undertaking, not to mention a drain on resources, but I'd like to add my voice to this thread rather than start my own. Whether campaign specific or site-wide, an integrated chat feature would be extremely useful, especially in PBP games. I agree that Facebook's model is a good one, in this regard.

And while we're wishing, I'd like it to be optionally integrated with the dice-roller, and also a unicorn.

Seriously, though, this would be incredible. And another great reason to stay up-to-date on your Ascendant membership! ;-)
  • Notsonoble
    Notsonoble
    I thing a chat function would be good as well. Facebook's model is good, and is simple xmpp. So a lot of the work is already done.