New Moderator Traverses The Portal

Dungeon_Master_Loki
Dungeon_Master_Loki
edited May 2011 in General Archive
Hey all! Looks like I'm going to be helping out here on the forums as a moderator now, and I'm relying on our community to help me do a good job.

Besides the usual "list ogre" duties I'd love to know what I can do to help make things better and more conducive to discussion. Feel free to comment here or private message me if you think of anything. Don't be shy!

In addition I'm working on a few blog posts and would love to know if there are any particular topics I might be able to cover for the community. I'm going to start with a look at how I motivate my players to actively use OP, something that can at times be problematic.

I've really enjoyed the community here since becoming active with it and I look forward to the days ahead.

At your service,
Dungeonmaster Loki

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Welcome aboard DM Loki! Great to have another moderator here at the forums. Awe the perennial issue of "how to get your players more involved with the OP." You know there was a "discussion":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1231&page=1#Item_48 on this a while back; might find some good tips there. Anyway, look forward to reading your blog.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    High Five DML! I guess I should let folks know that I also just got the nod to mod.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Cool beans DML and Gnunn! Congrats!

By the way, the "nod to mod" sounds like a funky dance or something. hehehe
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    As far as I'm aware, I'm also still a moderator, but this community is so well behaved that I haven't had to flex my Mod Muscles in a long time. :) I figured I'd let the new people know, so they have the whole list of Moderators here in one spot!
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    We have moderators? does that mean that we can start misbehaving a bit to find out where the boundaries are? hahaha. Just kidding guys. I think "moderating" the OP message boards would be a pretty easy gig, as Gaaran said, this community seems to be pretty well behaved. Moderate away though, gentlemen.
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Insanely easy. Most well behaved forums this side of The Piazza.

Any other mods out there? Check in on this thread. I'll compile the list and post it where everyone can find us easily. Also, would a more experienced mod shoot me a PM? I've got a few questions about the interface.

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Guess I'd better check in as well. There's one more, JimTrisch, but he had some things going on in his life and had to put his activities at the Portal on Hold. I haven't seen him around the forums for several months. Hope he comes back though, he's a great guy.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Boy, there's a who's who of long-time portatoes for you.

Congrats DML, and everyone else who I didn't know was a Mod (everyone except Arsheesh, I think). Mod it up.
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Now we just need to recruit some people we don't really want around...or something like that...to give you guys some moderating action. Quick! Someone start being an ass just to see what they'll do about it! (oh, wait, can I say "ass" on here?) But seriously, nobody do that. I like this place friendly.
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    *grumble grumble*

*troll troll*

*flame flame*

*stalk, hate mail, harrumph*
    Post edited by JonathonVolkmer on
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    MODERATORS!!!!!!! Jon's being that guy! Get him! Get him, I said!
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    *squeak* Don't shrub me! I'll play nice! Here, take your ball back - I don't even want it!
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    An exceptional group of folks right here, I need to get you all on a mailing list. I've got some group project/cool ideas/opportunities brewing I want to share with you guys. I know I've gotten them somewhere along the line but if you could please shoot me a message at [email protected] so I can set up a group to mail to I'd greatly appreciate it!

Moderate, onward! (or...something...)
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    bq. We have moderators?

Gotta admit, that was my reaction as well. This forum is very well behaved, almost eerily so.

Mike aka Black Vulmea
    "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/le-ballet-de-l-acier - swashbuckling adventure in the age of the Three Musketeers and Captain Alatriste