Gamer Badges

Curufea
Curufea
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
I'm not sure my comment went through on the OP blog, so I'm posting here as well.

Sometime ago some friends mentioned the idea of scout-type badges for achievements in roleplaying (and other gaming as well). Being the headstrong graphic designer hobbyist that I am, I went and got suggestions from various RPG boards and made up some badges.

You can find them here-
"Gamer Badges":http://www.curufea.com/Wikka/wikka.php?wakka=GamerBadges

Images are mostly clipart or images found on the web, so some rights issues may be involved if you make the commercial. However they should be fine for your own entertainment :)

Comments

• RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Curu, these are absolutely epic. It's gotten me wanting to create a "Players" Tab, wherein I throw up all of those on the wiki under each of the poor schmucks that I rule over. Erm.. I mean, all of the players whom I run a thoughtfully constructed and fair game for.
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    Yeah, I have to agree - this is a really fantastic idea. Well done!
  • Curufea
    Curufea
    The concept I'm most proud of is the Campaign Ribbon for roleplaying - a little PHP script that generates a unique ribbon based on campaign information-

"Campaign Ribbon Creator":http://www.curufea.com/Wikka/uploads/GamerBadges/ribbon.php
  • sandman
    sandman
    The Gamer Badges look awesome Curufea, excellent work!
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    I am using these, Curufea. I will be unveiling a Wall of Fame and/or Shame on my Wyrmshadow page soon, where I high/lowlight the ups/downs of every player in my games, and these are going to make a tremendous impact.

Also, I love the military-style ribbon! I have implemented it on my profile page.
  • Curufea
    Curufea
    Excellent! That's what they're for :)
    The bar shown for a campaign is also the ribbon for a medal. Bars are used when you have too many medals ...
    Post edited by Curufea on