Not signed in (Sign In or Register)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.2.1 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortwiggyleaf
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2013 edited

Let’s once again remind ourselves of a really in depth wiki with many innovations and support Asaraludu’s HEROES UNCHAINED for the next Campaign of the Month

twigs

•  
      CommentAuthorAsaraludu
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2013

Thank you for the nomination, twiggyleaf! Most of the praise rightfully goes to my good friend NinjaFlashX, long-time friend and co-GM in my campaign. The CSS, site layout, and wiki-linkable character sheets are all his ideas and implementations.

As is listed in the descriptor on the home page of the campaign, this game consists entirely of a group of players that played in my Shadowrun (and later Earthdawn) campaigns in the early to mid '90's. Almost 3 years ago the conversations began about how great it would be to get the old crew back together to play an entirely online game. The idea was (emphatically) well-received and the consensus was they wanted to play a high-fantasy game in the spirit of our previous exploits. I have players stretched across three US time zones, with contributions from most of them in the adventure logs forming a colorful timeline of events over the course of a campaign exceeding two years (with plenty more to come). We're a combination of Gen-X'ers and Baby Boomers with busy lives, and we find time to get together about once a month using Skype and Roll20.net (previously MapTool).

We play RedBrick's 3rd edition of the game (now end-of-life). If you don't know much about the Earthdawn setting, here are a few resources:
    - http://earthdawn.fasagames.com/
    - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthdawn
    - and of course, my campaign wiki: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/heroesunchained/wikis/main-page

This game builds upon the existing myths of my previous campaign, with the deeds of the players' previous characters creating ripples in the world felt by their current heroes. I use a lot of FASA's 1st edition source material to "season" the story arcs I've designed, with the Passions, atrocities of the Horrors, and the impending doom of Theran conquest being big themes.

I would be remiss if I didn't give a special shout-out to the Obsidian Portal founders and support team. This content management app has so fully enriched our game - I couldn't imagine how we'd have built such a lively world without it!

My players and I have enjoyed the attention and positive comments from the community now following us, and I'm deeply flattered by twiggyleaf's nomination. We're just doing our thing, and its refreshing to hear that others are paying attention too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSkram

Wow! What an honor. I never even thought about being put in for CotM. I do appreciate the comments people have left after reading some of the stories I have written. LOL I know that I am not a novelist, but I have enjoyed writing the stories.

Props to NinjaFlashX for all the work he has put in to make the site look as cool as it does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsmiler127

It's a fantastic site! Very well put together and one of those that I'm taking inspiration from. The nomination is well deserved!

Awesome! Thanks for the Nom Noms Twiggyleaf! (yeah, I went there lol)

Props really go to Asaraludu for driving an awesome campaign and the rest of the players for their hard work on their great stories.

Thanks!

Flash
    Heroes UnchainedWhere Slaves Become Legends

•  
      CommentAuthorIrky
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013

Much love for Earthdawn Heroes Unchained definitely deserves a nod…

This site definitely deserves this nomination. The detail is incredible. This site shows what Obsidian Portal is all about. The information regarding the campaign seems magically at your fingertips. Great job with all the hard work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSkidAce

Great site…It’s been a fav for a while and rightly so. When revising my campaign I always look to see how they did something first.

•  
      CommentAuthorkillervp

You guys have deserved this one for a long time- good luck!
    killervp
    A God…Rebuilt
    OP’s COTM April 2012

Heck yeah! Heroes Unchained gets a vote from me as well.

•  
      CommentAuthorStilicho
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013

Very cool! Thanks for the nomination!!!

It has taken a heck of an effort by everyone involved in the campaign, especially Flash with all of his Wiki-genius, to get all of the quality content out there. I think I can speak for everyone involved in the campaign when I say that we really appreciate all of the fans and support from the great community here at OP. Without this site and the terriffic gamers here, this great campaign probably would not exist.

Horrido!

--Stilicho
    •  
      CommentAuthorPils
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2013

Hi everybody,

I’m a long time fan of Heros Unchained, and even if I’m a little away from OP, I agree with Twiggtleaf, it really deserves to be CotM!

-Pils
    Dark Sun — La Décade des Héros: Face the Fire of the Dark Sun… a World ravaged by Sorcery!

•  
      CommentAuthorkillervp
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2013

Pils! Great to see you on the forums again!!

•  
      CommentAuthorBasileus
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2013

This campaign is pretty slick, both in terms of the content and storytelling and what it does with the tools OP provides, so I think the nomination is well deserved! :)

Another spot on pick of an awesome campaign twiggs. Asaraludu’s campaign definetly deserves the COTM.

Leonidas300

•  
      CommentAuthorkillervp
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2013

Just a bump to say that this campaign really deserves COTM!

•  
      CommentAuthorAsaraludu
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2013

http://blog.obsidianportal.com/heroes-unchained-septembers-cotm/#more-2688

W00t! Thanks to everyone for the support!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKeryth987

Congratulations to both Asaraldu and NinjaFlashX, and to their players as well, on a well deserved COTM.

Keelah Se’lai,
    Keryth
    Shadows Over New York
    Campaign of the Month – July 2013

And now… updated with a CotM Theme Song!!! LOL! Enjoy.

Thanks to everyone for the support!

Flash
    Heroes UnchainedWhere Slaves Become Legends

•  
      CommentAuthorKallak

Congrats guys

Congrats...and great job!
    •  
      CommentAuthortwiggyleaf

Yay!

Well earned guys and I really enjoyed the interview too!

twigs

•  
      CommentAuthorkillervp
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2013

Congrats! You fully deserve this, it was long overdue!
    One of the best interviews yet!