Not signed in (Sign In or Register)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.2.1 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMicah
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2010 edited

This is where you apply to create a Dynamic Sheet Templates (DSTs) for D&D 4e, D&D 3.5, or Pathfinder. Read more in the blog post

As the other system I actively play besides Exalted, D&D 4th Edition was next on my personal hit list, so I’ll take a swing at that if there are no complaints.

•  
      CommentAuthorMicah
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010

Sounds good!

Also, feel free to make further requests as to features/changes/enhancements. I still consider this a public beta, so we can still change things as necessary.

post removed
    •  
      CommentAuthorFuhsaz
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010

I am willing to do up a DST for Risus. Do you have a basic template to use?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMicah
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010

Fuhsaz – Sure, Risus sounds good. We don’t really have a basic template, other than the devkit. There really is no sense of a basic template, since character sheets from different systems will always be very different. But, we’re here if you need help getting things together.

•  
      CommentAuthorFuhsaz

Can you take a look at my demo sheet to see if it is what you are looking for? Here is a link to my Risus blog where I asked readers there for feedback as well:

http://risus.tumblr.com/post/660716579/here-is-a-screen-capture-of-what-im-working-on

Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMicah

I don’t know anything about Risus, but that’s pretty much exactly what I imagined when I first started working on the DST system. Simple, but nicely laid out, and (I assume) makes sense for a user of the system.

After reading your thoughts on the blog post, one suggestion would be to use a flat text field instead of a checkbox for the die type. I understand the desire to constrain choices to only valid choices for the system, but if you don’t like the look of the multiple checkboxes, then just make it a flat field and let someone type in “d6” or “d30” Assuming that’s a common feature of Risus, most people will know what to do.

Overall, it looks sweet! Upload it to the DST system and let me know when you’re happy with it. I’ll make it live for everyone.

•  
      CommentAuthorFuhsaz
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010

I have it uploaded, but none of the DST stuff seems to be working. Did I do something wrong?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFuhsaz
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010

It looks like it had to do with my not submitting the template before testing it. Once I moved it to Submitted, it worked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFuhsaz
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010

I submitted an update to my sheet last week that seems to be stuck in resubmitted. Is there something that else that I needed to do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFluke
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010

Unfortunately, I lack the technical expertise, wherewithal and… ambition to make one but I was wondering (see; hoping) that someone might be making a DST for Mutants & Masterminds? :-D

•  
      CommentAuthorjacobkosh
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010

Fluke, I'm with you. God knows I'm lacking in the skills myself, but I would bake cookies for anyone who could do a DST for M&M.

Definitely would love to see Call of Cthulhu. Pathfinder would be great, too.

•  
      CommentAuthorDethstryke
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010 edited

I am going to take a swing at the Mouseguard RPG to warm up - that's a real simple one to start. If that goes well, I would like to apply to take a stab at Pathfinder. Was going to start with Ghostbusters RPG, but evidently that has been removed from the game list at some point and I did not notice. So much for my campaign page of it. :/

I expected them to go faster than they did, honestly. I'd like to get a Pathfinder sheet going by mid-august for my own game, so it's very self-serving. :)

If the Pathfinder works out well, I may also try out 3.5 if that is still open by then, as that is a short jump between.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDmD20
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010

Has anyone applied to do Pathfinder yet? I’ve not done one before… But I’ve got some ability with CSS and HTML, and would be willing to take a whack at it…
    http://www.intentdriven.com

With a little motivational nudge from Micah (thanks!), I finally finished the sheet for 4th Edition D&D. It’s been submitted and should get approved in the near future. I think I’ve tested it out pretty thoroughly, setting up an example for you guys to look at, but if you find any issues please let me know and I’ll fix them up ASAP.

•  
      CommentAuthorsandman
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010 edited

ChainsawXIV: Looks awesome, your work keeps getting better and better. Hope it’s available soon.

•  
      CommentAuthorChainsawXIV
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010 edited

Thanks! Should be available round about… now. :)

•  
      CommentAuthorsandman
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010

Thanks! Should be available round about

•  
      CommentAuthordragnsteph

ChainsawXIV,

Probably a browser issue, but I can't click on "Crunch" and "Misc" on my PC here at work (IE8). It worked fine at home last night (Chrome).

S

Yeah. Totally forgot to cross-browser check like I usually do. I’ll get that fixed up this evening. Incidentally, in IE8 for me, it’s showing all in one column of the layout, instead of breaking across three. Is that just me, or are you seeing that too?

•  
      CommentAuthordragnsteph

It looks more or less right format-wise to me, except that an image called dd4e_back_bottom.png is at the bottom of the sidebar column on the right, aligned with the bottom of the sheet. And then the broken links thing.

S

•  
      CommentAuthorerwin

I am really digging the 4e DCS.

Great work, man. Much deserved props.

Thanks Erwin.

Dragnsteph, what do you mean about the image at the bottom? (It’s supposed to be at the bottom, but it should blend seamlessly with the rest of the background. If it’s not doing that properly, I’m not sure I understand exactly what the problem is.)

•  
      CommentAuthordragnsteph

It’s at the bottom, but over to the right, like it’s in the sidebar instead of underneath the sheet.

•  
      CommentAuthordragnsteph

I’ll post a screenshot when I get home from the office!

•  
      CommentAuthorDethstryke
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010 edited

•  
      CommentAuthordragnsteph
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010

Yep, that’s it exactly :) and that’s the browser I was using at work, too.

Thanks for the bug reports guys, and the screen shot. I’ve submitted a version that fixes the reported issues, and a number of other IE8 formatting problems, so you should see those go away in the near future. I also fixed the image frame for wide character portraits while I was at it.

•  
      CommentAuthorCurufea
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2010 edited

I'd like to do a sheet for DWAITAS - is the devkit still recommended as a starting point?

On a side note I've already created an XML sheet for DWAITAS. You can see it here-
    http://www.curufea.com/Wikka/uploads/FactionDW/character.xml
    • CommentAuthoroakfellow
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010

I know you aren't really working on the DST system right now, but I was wondering if it's ok to post alternate sheets for the 'popular' systems yet? I've been working adding some back-end calculations to ChainsawXIV's dd4e sheet (just copying values, adding 1/2 level where appropriate and totaling pluses), as well as a method for importing a WoTC Character Builder summary directly into the sheet.

Is it ok to add a new dd4e sheet, or would it be possible for ChainsawXIV to take a look at my javascript and decide if he wants to use them in his base sheet? DD4E is just so numbers heavy, I know that from my end anything that speeds up entering character info would be welcome...
    •  
      CommentAuthorChainsawXIV
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010 edited

Hey Oakfellow. Send it my way and I’ll be happy to take a look at it and roll it into my sheet. No sense in creating multiple sheets just to add functionality to the ones we have. Drop me a PM.

•  
      CommentAuthorDarkMagus
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010

These are looking awesome! I am really excited that OP is letting users contribute to this new feature; to me it speaks to the essence of this website, where the users really do make it what it is. Thanks to all the volunteers who are working to make this place even cooler. :)

Is anyone actively working on a D&D 3.5 one? I thought that it’d be one of the first to be busted out but it hasn’t. Makes me wish I wer smrt enuf to program them thar sheetz >.<.

•  
      CommentAuthorCurufea
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010

malfunction84 has one in the list of DSTs – is that not yet submitted?

Doesn’t seem to be. Says that there isn’t one when I try to edit or create a new character. Guess it still hasn’t been approved?

•  
      CommentAuthortwiggyleaf
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010

I have also been looking for a 3.5 character DST. Hopefully one will be announced soon, but until then, we soldier on, undeterred into that amorphous cloud of jumbled text and simple coding language........
    •  
      CommentAuthorCurufea
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2010

On a side note, I may work on a Starblazer sheet for the FATE system in the near future (depending on whether I can get the GM to start using OP or not)

•  
      CommentAuthorTakissis
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010

I’ve already completed a Changeling: the Dreaming sheet (its in the World of Darkness set if anyone is interested). I’ll try to tackle the D&D 3.5 sometime in the next few days (will probably be Wednesday before I am able since I’ll be gaming for the next two days. I’ll post here when I have something available. I doubt it will be as wonderful and pretty and Chainsaw’s but I can give it a try.

I will love you forever if you do. If you need any graphics or anything let me know and I'll do my best. I don't know how the dcs's work from a coding standpoint, but given a little time I can do graphics.
    Is a Pathfinder sheet in the works at all? Or has everyone that offered to do them in the past kinda fluffed out?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTakissis
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2010

Is there a problem with the character sheets? I was trying to test out the last draft of the 3.5 I’ve been working on and nothing is saving. So on a whim I went to my main campaign and tried to make a new character and even on the dst that I know works because I have other characters with it, doesn’t work.

Basically it applies the character sheet. It lets me edit it and shows the edits in the edit screen. However, as soon as I hit save, it brings me to a blank character sheet (plus name, campaign, and player).

Anyone else having problems with their sheets or is it just me?

•  
      CommentAuthorCurufea

Has the sheet been submitted and approved? Otherwise you’re only seeing the “editor’s version” which lets you view your new sheet, but doesn’t otherwise interact with OP.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakissis
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2010 edited

Okay, let me try to explain a bit better.

I have previously created, submitted and been approved for the C:tD sheet I made. I know that it works and is functional because I’ve been using it for a couple weeks now with no problems.

For the last few days, I’ve been working on a D&D 3.5e sheet because there seems to be a demand for it and well, the other campaign I’m in uses 3.5 so it made sense to me. I have been checking the appearance and line up of the tables with a test character I created with the 3.5 sheet about a week ago. It has very little in it, but I did put in the str, con, int, etc and mods just to see if the skills section was coded right and would transfer it all over to the right places. When I did that, several days ago, it worked. That same sheet still holds those edits from several days go.

Fast forward to today. I’ve finally gotten the sheet completed, coded as I think it should be, and ready to go. All that’s left is to make a few characters to test all the fields and make sure it works correctly. I’ve tried to make new characters on 2 different 3.5 campaigns (a test campaign and the one I’m apart of with another GM) neither will hold any edits. It won’t even make edits on the sheet I created several days ago. If I change the str from 14 to 16, it will still load as 14.

So on a whim, I tried to create a new character in the C:tD campaign I run. Completely new campaign. Entirely separate character sheet. It will also not hold any edits. It will create the character. It will show that a character sheet has been applied to the character. However, it will not save any edits (or filling in of the fields as it were).

So, two different character sheets over 3 different campaigns aren’t holding edits. Yes, I understand that I’m looking at the editor’s version, but it has held edits in the past.

•  
      CommentAuthorMicah

It could be my fault. We made a bunch of backend changes to characters and there’s a chance I broke something. I’ll look into it and see what I can figure out.

•  
      CommentAuthorMicah

Just deployed a fix. Try it now and see if it’s working.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakissis

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, it works now. Thank you very much for your help.

•  
      CommentAuthorTakissis

Okay, people. My D&D 3.5e sheet has been submitted. Once it gets approved, I’ll let everyone know. It doesn’t have any bells or whistles. It can’t add the columns for you. All it really does is have data fields for you to fill in. The only exception is if the field is an ability mod, it will pull those over from the first entry.

Anyway, its not as pretty or snazzy as Chainsaw’s, but its done. Once its available, let me know if I missed anything or if something needs to be fixed please.

Thank you so much Takissis! I've been waiting foreverrrrrr for one lol.